AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Jeep Chat (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   The REAL Jeep assist - Post your pic (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=102685)

hunty 27-11-2011 10:27 PM

Jeeped a w@nk3r, I mean Pajero LoL

The Mitsubishi did extremely well and according to the driver WikiGeof was very comfortable on the hell corrugations that nearly rattled out my eyeballs on the old telegraph track on route to Cape York!

but in the end it was held back by the same thing that seems to be holding back a lot of new 4x4's and that is IFS - why on earth have toyota, nissan, mitsubishi and others changed to this 4wd disability- hey if you want a better smoother handling road car why not just buy a XR8 - why destroy the 4wding ability built up over years of building awesome 4wd vehicles by now giving them almost zero articulation and IFS - Buggered if I know? LoL makes my Jeep look awesome doesnt it! lol cheers Hunty

hunty 09-12-2011 07:47 AM

Jeeped a Kenny

Prob just made the biggest pull ever, a fully loaded Kenny - It is the Live stage for San carols 2011 and it was stuck up to its axels,

Had the lockers on front & back and in low1st and gave it all the beans.

Jeep 1 San lawn 0 LoL

http://i685.photobucket.com/albums/v...y/d7bfa76a.jpg

Tassie Jeeper 09-12-2011 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hunty (Post 1244060)
Prob just made the biggest pull ever, a fully loaded Kenny - It is the Live stage for San carols 2011 and it was stuck up to its axels,

Had the lockers on front & back and in low1st and gave it all the beans.

Jeep 1 San lawn 0 LoL

pulled it out ok?

hunty 09-12-2011 12:49 PM

@bs08l00dylutely! LoL

Yes mate happy to say that the jeep did very well! - got it first pull .

I backed up to his bull bar and took off like a crazy man! (OK that might be a bit of an exaggeration - LoL - I backed back enough to have a bit of momentum when the snatch went tight) I put 2 strips into the grass as all 4 wheels were spinning! of course there were plenty of onlookers! and yes I heard the whispers "he doesn't have a snow flakes chance in hell" kinda makes it all the more sweet when the majority are being negative!
cheers Hunty

Paul-JK 09-12-2011 01:52 PM

Must have been good to see although I think it's fair to assume that snatch strap has had it's day. I'm only guessing but a bogged, fully loaded truck might be a little over it's weight rating. I'm surprised it didn't snap like a rubber band.

Macca2801 09-12-2011 03:11 PM

Not that impressive Hunty...with all the gear you have in the JK....Im guessing the weights would be about the same haha!!

Nice work, hope he shouted you a carton for that...heavy recovery costs thousands for them to even turn up!!

Matt.

Tassie Jeeper 09-12-2011 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macca2801 (Post 1244137)
Not that impressive Hunty...with all the gear you have in the JK....Im guessing the weights would be about the same haha!!

Nice work, hope he shouted you a carton for that...heavy recovery costs thousands for them to even turn up!!

Matt.

lol yer something like that iv heard somewhere on here someone refferd to him as mcgiver lol it should be under his name;) good on ya hunty that rig of yours is like an army survival truck::cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul-JK (Post 1244119)
Must have been good to see although I think it's fair to assume that snatch strap has had it's day. I'm only guessing but a bogged, fully loaded truck might be a little over it's weight rating. I'm surprised it didn't snap like a rubber band.

possibly not with the lack of traction its possible it may not have reached max stretch (depending on how much grip was available given the wet grass im guessing not much)