AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   What did you do to your WK Grand today? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135326)

drover 04-01-2023 04:05 PM

Thanks to Jeepers6 with his SRT gauges on the screen suggestion, well I used Alfa OBD to get them up, at first only fancy fonts for speedo etc but a week or so later a new button appeared in place of the SETTINGS button on the centre screen, I now have oil pressure and some other fancy gauges and today I got to go on a good run with it, nice to see oil pressure and coolant temp, be handy with van on back as I can monitor tranny, oil and coolant and while negotiating the stop signs and other annoying traffic devices in the smoke, I noticed that the bluddy peddle lag has seemed to have nearly gone, put the boot in at dead flat stop and it takes off smooth and fast not with waiting, waiting then massive lift off, be good if that saved forking out for a i Drive ............... plus I can choose the colour of my vehicle on the screen, even if it has P****y rims...........

Nah, I was dreaming the lag is still there ...................... bum.

timsarg 26-01-2023 12:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
head of the bight

FARWEST 26-01-2023 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timsarg (Post 1689529)
head of the bight

My 'stomping' grounds....dont catch too many !!!

ps: ENJOY !!!!

Colm 26-01-2023 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drover (Post 1689072)
Thanks to Jeepers6 with his SRT gauges on the screen suggestion, well I used Alfa OBD to get them up, at first only fancy fonts for speedo etc but a week or so later a new button appeared in place of the SETTINGS button on the centre screen, I now have oil pressure and some other fancy gauges and today I got to go on a good run with it, nice to see oil pressure and coolant temp, be handy with van on back as I can monitor tranny, oil and coolant and while negotiating the stop signs and other annoying traffic devices in the smoke, I noticed that the bluddy peddle lag has seemed to have nearly gone, put the boot in at dead flat stop and it takes off smooth and fast not with waiting, waiting then massive lift off, be good if that saved forking out for a i Drive ............... plus I can choose the colour of my vehicle on the screen, even if it has P****y rims...........

This could be classed as over monitoring.
There is a whole bunch of people on FB constantly writing up that there car normally runs at 92-95, and now they have attached a 3.5 tonne anchor to the back of it, temps are hitting 110 and should they be worried and what can they do to fix it, and even more surprisingly it climbs to 120 when they are going up hill.
Like,,,, C'mon FFs

There is a temperature gauge in the cluster if it hits red pull over simple as.
There is plenty of cars that run in excess of 100deg, this is quite normal, that is why we use coolant and different grades of oil so they can handle the high temperatures. :hammer:
Rant over
Now oil pressure I can see as an advantage

drover 27-01-2023 05:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colm (Post 1689532)
This could be classed as over monitoring.
There is a whole bunch of people on FB constantly writing up that there car normally runs at 92-95, and now they have attached a 3.5 tonne anchor to the back of it, temps are hitting 110 and should they be worried and what can they do to fix it, and even more surprisingly it climbs to 120 when they are going up hill.
Like,,,, C'mon FFs

There is a temperature gauge in the cluster if it hits red pull over simple as.
There is plenty of cars that run in excess of 100deg, this is quite normal, that is why we use coolant and different grades of oil so they can handle the high temperatures. :hammer:
Rant over
Now oil pressure I can see as an advantage

Always amazes me those sort of people, a little knowledge as they say, I have always liked to have an actual temp read out and pressures, being an ex truckie and driven millions of Kms, Ive picked up on a few things over the years...... Gave up on the Faceache crew years ago, most annoying group.... I like to be able to see the coolant temp and oil pressure but they aren't on display all the time, no need, the rest of the things in the app are just bling rubbish really, things like torque and HP, just BS ............... I have now been able to equate an actual temp to the marks on the temp gauge on dash, when towing I have the tranny/oil temp on display so I can see if things are not happy, a quick recovery back to the normal temps for the situation means all is good but rises in temp don't bother me a bit unless they stay there........... A Kenworth would have about 20 gauges, all monitored with a quick glance, its out the windscreen thats more important.....more often than not I pick up a problem before gauges show anything, its called "The Feel".

cedge83 27-01-2023 05:06 PM

new user

new user here from WA...and today i bought my Jeep

2015 WK2 Summit...pick it up early next week and cant wait

https://carsales.pxcrush.net/carsale...size=900%2c600

drover 28-01-2023 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedge83 (Post 1689574)
new user here from WA...and today i bought my Jeep

2015 WK2 Summit...pick it up early next week and cant wait

Welcome to the bestest Jeep Forum around and you will love your Jeep, first thing you should do is find a decent mechanic and change all the fluids and filters then visit a Tranny shop and get the tranny done, starting off with a clean slate will mean you know its been serviced, a stamp in a book means bugga all and can throw drama further down the track as many have found out later, its not a jeep thing either , my advice for all brands...............