AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hot Topic of week (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=252)
-   -   What do you think is the best paint protection product out there? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155515)

Clarky 21-05-2019 09:55 AM

If you are planning an off road trip where pin stripping from the scrub may be an issue I suggest a quick polish BEFORE you go out.
I have found a polished Jeep allows the flora to glide over the surface instead of grabbing at the paint work.

As for brand names I like Mothers and Meguiar's.

I am interested to hear from anyone who has used any of the Ceramic coating products and how the hold up with genuine off-roading.

st_za 21-05-2019 12:43 PM

I had a ceramic coating professionally applied from new on my JKU - it cost a packet but it was worth it. By now 3 years later, I have started polishing and waxing it again and so far haven't had anything protect the paint from the finer scratches and make the Jeep as easy to clean as the ceramic coating.

Good old Turtle Wax Hard Shell paste wax seemed to work just as well on my white JKU as the Meguiar's Ultimate polish and wax that I am using right now.
Edit: I should add that the Meguiar's Ultimate wash, polish and wax gives a better looking finish on my custom painted black car than the Turtle Wax products but I can't see any difference on my white Jeep.

Supercheap Auto now stocks Mothers CMX ceramic spray, which I am keen to try at $60 as soon as the rain lets up.

daddybear 29-08-2019 09:18 PM

I also use just the regular turtle wax. Been using that since I first bought my Jeep. In terms of color deterioration, I see no significant difference...still the same shade. My dealer recommeneded to have it ceramic coated but I do have lots of energy in waxing it once a week since I consider that as my exercise.

drover 12-09-2019 06:59 AM

40 odd years ago the new wagon would get a good wax job with Porzelack Wax and after a trip thru the T Tree's in the creeks the vehicles were covered in pin stripes, mine unlike the others the pin stripes disappeared after a wash, 6 years later that vehicle still has excellant paint work and did some mean FWD, since then all my vehicles get a wash and a Porzelack Wax or Turtle Wax job, a wash and polish is not only a good way to keep it looking good its also an excellant way to check out yolur vehicle for hidden damage not to mention relaxing...... In the QLD sun I have never had paint fade...

daddybear 24-09-2019 08:21 PM

Been reading about ceramic coating and they got me persuaded. It is really pricey but it would lessen the oxidation of the paint more than waxing. Been thinking of it.

klester79 22-04-2023 02:44 AM

Ceramic Coatings
Paint Sealants
Wax

OLMATE 13-07-2023 11:45 AM

Polished, wax, Garaged