AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   2007 JK Manual CRD Workshop Manual (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104853)

Macca2801 06-04-2011 02:33 PM

Extracted it to harddrive as EugeJK said...service works great but the electrical dia dont open, both work and home PCs run IE8! Doh will have to get the tech nerd at work onto this!!

Matt.

EugeJK 06-04-2011 02:43 PM

same here, win 7 and ie8, no electricals.

davidd 06-04-2011 03:03 PM

yeah, there was a workshop manual floating round a few yers ago that pretty much everyone has a copy of. i gave mine away when i bought my new laptop with win7 as it wouldn't open at all. this one seems pretty much the same one, but it did open eventually after i waited about 3 minutes for it to open the service part. but after 5 minutes there was still no sign of the electrical section opening. i'd say this is the same manual that was floating about 3 years ago. it was available on ebay then. i think the electrical part is for some reason configured for IE 5 or 6 and winXP

MightyMouse 06-04-2011 03:43 PM

No this is different from the old / flakey one - it didn't contain the diesel engine.

I getting a "Invalid SIE" error for the electricals using XP and IE7

My flakey / old one actually worked... perhpas a composite disk is possible... will have a look.

MightyMouse 07-04-2011 08:43 AM

Tried IE6 on XP - wiring section OK.

So as usual its dependant on some cabability of a specific IE version ......

r1chard 07-04-2011 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyMouse (Post 1179879)
Tried IE6 on XP - wiring section OK.

So as usual its dependant on some cabability of a specific IE version ......

Yes it's the propriety SVG viewer plugin which is the issue with the wiring part of the manual (from Adobe, supplied on the CDRom).... got obsoleted when browsers came to support W3C recommendation for SVG, so Adobe had no reason to continue their plug-in who's javascript functionality has no compatibility with the W3C recommendation.

Apart from that the whole CDROM is a fine mess of bad & IE specific DOM/CSS/JavaScript and poor use of other technologies (e.g. XSLT converts all those XML files to HTML for rendering but the HTML produced as a result of badly written XSL stylesheets is so crap it won't render properly in 'unforgiving' Firefox, although it's OK on other browsers perhaps with a few CSS/JavaScript tweaks..).

Worries me that the car might be put together with the same principles of 'just bolt it together somehow'... :P

I live in hope that one day they'll actually produce an updated version at least of the service manual part, maybe even a PDF version... heck I might even pay for it... or one week when I've got 'flu I may make a PDF version myself, it's my sort of nerd territory.... haha don't hold your breath I'm never sick...

BTW there is a version which covers CRD & RHD.

-R

RyanG 07-04-2011 01:03 PM

Awesome info guys. Thanks for all the replies, I have a computer which runs xp so should be sweet.

Thanks again.