AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Jeep Chat (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   private off road parks in victoria (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=133113)

layback40 15-05-2014 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grahame (Post 1467657)
The High Country is the biggest off road park in Australia and it's free. How could a private park even compete?

You have nailed it Grahame ! Dont say to much though as we dont want Parks or DSE trying to make us pay to go wheeling in our own high country.

sladey 16-05-2014 02:25 AM

private off road parks in victoria

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris0375 (Post 1467543)
There was a bloke on patrol 4x4 a while ago that was proposing a park near Dargo. It was not going to be financially viable unless they charged a fair bit and there was little enthusiasm. Would be great for people with cars that aren't drivable on the road, buggies and home built stuff.

Sent from my C5503 using Tapatalk

This is what I'm talking about, a place for quads, buggies, side by sides..... Jeeps :)

TheoB 16-05-2014 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sladey (Post 1467725)
This is what I'm talking about, a place for quads, buggies, side by sides..... Jeeps :)

you'll find that for example LCMP requires all vehicles to be road registered.

chris0375 16-05-2014 08:53 AM

I am guessing that is a personal injury liability insurance thing?

layback40 16-05-2014 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris0375 (Post 1467742)
I am guessing that is a personal injury liability insurance thing?

TAC get to stick their nose in even for unreg on private property.
Insurance would be a nightmare. Probably 3/4 of the entrance fee would be for personal injury/public liability. Disclaimers are not worth the paper they are written on.

chris0375 16-05-2014 11:22 AM

TAC is very good to have though. I used to have a dirt bike and simply being registered means you are covered anywhere. Means if you become paralysed etc you will have financial support for life. And people cannot sue you for personal injury. I am not sure if you would be able to if an accident happens on private property with an unregistered vehicle. Either way there is no getting around insurance would be a major issue for 4wd parks. Motocross courses don't seem to have too much trouble. And those bikes definitely aren't registered

AussieCJ7 16-05-2014 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by layback40 (Post 1467663)
You have nailed it Grahame ! Dont say to much though as we dont want Parks or DSE trying to make us pay to go wheeling in our own high country.

would prefer to pay and still use it than what seems to be the eventual outcome everywhere else its gets locked up cause they cannt mange the land