AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   Snorkel - Airflow or Murchison??? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148678)

GCDingo 18-05-2017 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bomber (Post 1611337)
A most unscientific opinion about snorkels! My XK was used as the Airflow development mule. Dozens of hours spent in development and on dynos resulted in improved airflow, an increase in horsepower at the rear wheels and a decrease in fuel consumption, all very carefully graphed and documented by Airflow at the time and put up on here for all to see.

I can't comment on the Airflow for a different car to my XK and I won't buy in to a debate about how thorough Murchison are in their development but I will say after that experience that I reckon aesthetics should be the least of the deciding factors.

Fair enough. Point taken about different cars but not totally unscientific. My opinion comes from years of work on patrols and close working with a very experienced diesel tuner.

GTiBren 18-05-2017 11:14 PM

Airflow

When i added the Airflow to the MY14 GC I had no noticeable drop or benefit in fuel economy. Wish I could say the same about the bullbar and winch :(
Other than styling differences I really don't see the difference in them. they both seem to add a bit of noise and they both seem to be a good quality product when installed correctly.

timsarg 19-05-2017 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTiBren (Post 1611437)
When i added the Airflow to the MY14 GC I had no noticeable drop or benefit in fuel economy. Wish I could say the same about the bullbar and winch :(
Other than styling differences I really don't see the difference in them. they both seem to add a bit of noise and they both seem to be a good quality product when installed correctly.

what bar are you running mate and what fuel economy do you get . I am running an arb bar with no winch and i am lucky to get into the 8's on the highway . Seem to hover around low to mid 9's

Mudguard 20-05-2017 05:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
ok I'll throw salt into the wound and say I prefer mine, I don't suck in grasshoppers or leaves and it looks cool in aero mode and its 3" all the way to the airbox.

keef_7 20-05-2017 05:59 PM

G'day Mudguard,
Did you do that yourself? If not who did it? Do you have a side on pic and under the bonnet? I like the ability to colour match. what's it like for wind noise through the gap?
Cheers,
Keith