AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Looking for fuel line p/n (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153270)

robertodonnell 29-06-2018 08:09 AM

And there seems to be a bleed line from the filter water sensor to somewhere.

Sent from my D6653 using Tapatalk

robertodonnell 30-06-2018 06:35 PM

Have taken a punt on some genuine Merc ML 320 CDI parts Fuel hoses, filter, water sensor O rings and oil filter. Price is reasonable so I will post on the thread once I have them and know they are compatible.

Shane001 31-07-2022 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertodonnell (Post 1636176)
Have taken a punt on some genuine Merc ML 320 CDI parts Fuel hoses, filter, water sensor O rings and oil filter. Price is reasonable so I will post on the thread once I have them and know they are compatible.

I'm also looking to replace these, but you never did post up the Merc part numbers and if they were compatible :(

robertodonnell 01-08-2022 03:48 PM

Hey mate,

Yes the ML320 CDI parts are the same. Can't recall the part numbers but I got the identical parts to the Jeep.

If I recall, the Merc didn't have a water sensor in the filter, so I had to source that elsewhere.

Cheers,

Robert

Shane001 01-08-2022 10:09 PM

For the longer hose going from the filter to the pump, is it OK to just use standard fuel injection hose such as Gates Barricade?

Gates Barricade is rated to 225psi and approved for diesel.

I figure this is not part of the super high pressure section of fuel line?

robertodonnell 02-08-2022 05:55 AM

Yes, any EFI rated hose will do the job. I just found that when I used it, it didn't follow a good enough path and it started rubbing in places, so I opted for the genuine parts.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

Shane001 02-08-2022 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertodonnell (Post 1685936)
Yes, any EFI rated hose will do the job. I just found that when I used it, it didn't follow a good enough path and it started rubbing in places, so I opted for the genuine parts.

Sent from my CPH1979 using Tapatalk

Hmm, was hoping I would be able to just re use the existing plastic holder, I know the hose with this is moulded, but was thinking normal hose might still route through it OK. Will have to take another closer look.

I think for now Gates hose with some plastic conduit to protect will be OK till I find a cheap source for the genuine hose :)

Edit: Actually having a closer look, routing the hose over the intercooler pipe rather than under it would be much simpler and just need to cable tie it away from the intercooler pipe or use a short piece of plastic conduit where it might rub. Simples :)