AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   WK2 Bullbar - When ARB? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117777)

sege 11-11-2012 10:50 AM

I was at the Perth 4x4 show yesterday and the ECB mob confirmed they now have an Overland ACC compliant bar. $2,250 fitted here in the west.

timbotrog 11-11-2012 04:17 PM

That's a lot of money for just an "over the bumper" design.

sege 11-11-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timbotrog (Post 1331864)

Might be a special "Mining Boom" price......

fester 11-11-2012 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by timbotrog (Post 1331864)

Agree. I only noticed that in a pic the other day, till then I thought they were a replacement bar. Explains why no winch model.

My opinion of them just dropped a little lower again.

jzp 11-11-2012 06:42 PM

I know ARB were looking at Laredo, Limited and Overlands as candidates for scanning/trialling.

So, development seems to definitely be under way.

Gazz1958 11-11-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fester (Post 1331938)
Agree. I only noticed that in a pic the other day, till then I thought they were a replacement bar. Explains why no winch model.

My opinion of them just dropped a little lower again.

I agree. I drove up to Blowering dam today looking for camping spots and the number of large Roos and EMUs dead on the road was scary. I was looking at the ECB but your right you need a good solid steel bar that supports a winch.

Gazz

PT-Bne 11-11-2012 07:42 PM

Looking at the bumper design. It would be impossible to make a full bumper replacement bullbar as the bumper goes up beside the headlight and up beside the grille also. The ecb one replace the bottom half of the bumper by removing the air dam and then sits over the top of the top half. The only other alternative would be to cut the top piece in half, and I certainly wouldn't be comfortable with someone doing that to my $70,000 car. The bullbar is rock solid, so there is no compromise in strength, and with the bash plates underneath that come with it, it is total front protection. I've had winches before and never used them, so not having a winch in the front of this one just means less weight for me to lug around.