AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   What did you do to your Grand today (ZJ/WJ)? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123161)

Hoobz 13-07-2013 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drover (Post 1397510)
Have to agree, great stuff. Stuff work I'm packing the camper.

For some reason all those pics won't work for me :(

wardy 13-07-2013 11:08 PM

Fester when i drilled the hole from inside the engine bay (which is all curved and bumpy) the saw kept grabbing and pulling which is why it sheared some teeth, it was a brand new Sutton hole saw and is now in the bin. I can honestly say that it was a bastard of a job.

fester 13-07-2013 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wardy (Post 1397592)
Fester when i drilled the hole from inside the engine bay (which is all curved and bumpy) the saw kept grabbing and pulling which is why it sheared some teeth, it was a brand new Sutton hole saw and is now in the bin. I can honestly say that it was a bastard of a job.

I'm sure I cut mine all the way from the outside but there is definitely a knack to it once you get to those uneven or stepped panels etc. Few teeth missing is not the end of the world though, just ask your grandpa.

Hoobz 13-07-2013 11:25 PM

Do the double holesaw holes on the outer panel, but for the inside panel hole, the Mini recipro saw is the way to go. With a metal blade. Use snips too if it helps. That hole needs not be round.

pmac 14-07-2013 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fester (Post 1397593)
I'm sure I cut mine all the way from the outside but there is definitely a knack to it once you get to those uneven or stepped panels etc. Few teeth missing is not the end of the world though, just ask your grandpa.

It's better when your girlfriend's got all her teeth missing!

Elio_S 14-07-2013 08:08 PM

Took the WG for it's maiden off road adventure to Gardens of Stone national park and I was well, a little underwhelmed. With 18psi in the tyres, it wasn't as smooth offroad as I expected it was going to be, and managed to get it stuck pretty good on a couple of rock ledges. Ledges that my old near standard Suzuki Jimny used to walk up. If I go back again, I'm going to have to replace the tyres with 245/70 r 17 muddies, and possibly go another 2 inches on the suspension, but I was hoping I could keep it legal :-(
I still like the car, but I might just give up on this type of offroading and just go touring instead.

bodgie 14-07-2013 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by God_help_me (Post 1397794)
Took the WG for it's maiden off road adventure to Gardens of Stone national park and I was well, a little underwhelmed. With 18psi in the tyres, it wasn't as smooth offroad as I expected it was going to be, and managed to get it stuck pretty good on a couple of rock ledges. Ledges that my old near standard Suzuki Jimny used to walk up. If I go back again, I'm going to have to replace the tyres with 245/70 r 17 muddies, and possibly go another 2 inches on the suspension, but I was hoping I could keep it legal :-(
I still like the car, but I might just give up on this type of offroading and just go touring instead.

Where abouts did you have problems?

I'd suggest you get a front swaybar disconnect, makes a big difference to the WJ off road.

Jason