AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   JK Drivers Post Your Wheeling Videos (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98530)

xiphos 11-11-2010 08:23 PM

yea, crap as in burnt out cars dont help either

double black offroad 12-11-2010 06:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 09JKSHORTY (Post 1141378)
Got to agree there, 25 years ago you could drive anywhere in Vic with a set of 31" cheesecutters and still have a great time, it's a different story now.

There is always a minority that stuff it up for everyone else, hopefully the VSI-50 and hoon laws will weed them out.

Funny DSE in Vic thought the same thing. When I was involved with fwdv, we actually did a comparison of track damage between a 36" Simex and a Dunlop Road Gripper both down at 20psi. Guess what tyre did more damage?

Have a look at the speed we wheel at in those vids, we do bugger all damage compared to the hoons out there who think their invincible.

You will never stop it though, but bloody hell we can try to educate!

Thats why I get frustrated every time we recover people their tyres havent been deflated and why fwd magazines never speak of pressures when doing their normal day to day testing! Enough rant.

1Aussie 12-11-2010 02:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
It's the same over here ,it's not the wheelin it's the idiots that don't stay on the trails & make a mess of the surrounding area's that they look down on & it spoils it for everyone else. Whenever we go off road we pick up other people's garbage & don't leave any behind us, at least we do our bit.
Great video's I really miss the Aussie' bush, especially around the Dandenongs. I don't have a video but I do have a pic' of my last wheelin trip on a trail here in Moab, thats my rear end

yeahright 13-11-2010 02:06 AM

You lucky bastard how do I get to go and live in the land of the big lifted JKs.

Yeahright

Grahame 14-11-2010 11:45 AM

Only a short one. Crooked River second crossing out of Talbotville on Melbourne Cup weekend

Don't know the actual depth but you can see the tide line on the upstream side of the car. Rear door seals didn't play the game and I ended up with wet carpet in the back. Snorkel was a good investment.

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/v...eptideline.jpg

SeaComms 14-11-2010 12:49 PM

Have you extended the diff breathers on yours? That high tide mark puts the the water pretty much level with the fron and over the rear stock positions... Dunking the diffs in the the creek will cool them down, sucking air in the breathers. If the breathers are under water then they will suck in the water... (I realise I may be preaching to the converted, but it might help out someone who doesnt know!)

Likewise for the transfer case breather that sits on the firewall just behind the motor.

The manual lists the max water crossing depth (stock) as 19 inches, which is pretty low really. At a guess I would say the stock diff breather location is about 3in above the tyres, so about 34 inches. I guess at 19in it gives some room for waves!

A bugger about the rear door seal leaking too!

Grahame 14-11-2010 05:58 PM

Yep, breathers all done.

The manual will always be on the safe side. Factories don't want you playing submarine and then claiming warranty.

That's probably the deepest I'd want to take it. The back end felt light on a couple of crossings. Any deeper and I would have been floating ... until the door seals let enough river in to regain traction! Might have to lube them up with a bit of lanolin before I go wheeling again.

We had to turn back at the Wongungarra river because we didn't want to end up like this guy who ended up more than 50 metres from the crossing:

http://i683.photobucket.com/albums/v.../SunkPrado.jpg

double black offroad 15-11-2010 10:03 AM

The diff breathers arent the only issue, the standar axle seals cant handle a minor boghole!!! Check em regularly or buy tube seals.

Nice pic of the Prado, how did you get it out?

Grahame 15-11-2010 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by double black offroad (Post 1142381)
Nice pic of the Prado, how did you get it out?

They weren't with us, they drowned it the day before. I heard it took another day or two before they got it out. It took a dozer six hours to get it back on dry land.

Some video of it. Check out how fast the water is flowing, there was no way I was going to try it:

http://www.australianimage.com.au/HCC/hcc5/PB012255.wmv

It was a bit of a carnage weekend for Toyotas up there. A tray back cruiser rolled in Talbotville, killing one and injuring five others. An 80 Series cruiser rolled off the side of a track after the side gave way while he was trying to go around an oncoming car, nobody injured. And a 100 Series got drowned crossing one of the rivers. I later heard that it was towed into Dargo and the insurance company wrote it off as a total loss. One of my mates has a picture of his cup holders full of water after he was dragged out.

double black offroad 15-11-2010 10:43 AM

Thats not good to hear mate, did you see the roll?

Grahame 15-11-2010 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by double black offroad (Post 1142394)
Thats not good to hear mate, did you see the roll?

Didn't see the fatality. One of the rangers reckoned there was alcohol involved. Most of the passengers were in the tray and were lucky enough to be thrown out. I believe the driver was killed.

I did see the 80 series that went over the side. They were hauling him out as we came past. It was looking very worse for wear.

Jim Beam JK Steve 15-11-2010 11:39 AM

Some from the weekend comp at Scenic Rim
L4 Manufacture Challenge

double black offroad 15-11-2010 11:53 AM

Link not working man, how did you go?

Bandit 15-11-2010 12:27 PM

Thanks for recording and putting those up Steve, my filming was ahh... well a poor form of shaky cam to say the least.

Had a great time on those tracks, on another note I'd love to see them run a comp down the entire creek run where it gets somewhat more difficult and judge it on a whoever gets the furtherest wins basis with bonus lines deciding any draws.

Cheers,
B.

double black offroad 15-11-2010 01:50 PM

Awesome place, would love rocks like that here in vic.

Jim Beam JK Steve 15-11-2010 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandit (Post 1142431)
Thanks for recording and putting those up Steve, my filming was ahh... well a poor form of shaky cam to say the least.

Had a great time on those tracks, on another note I'd love to see them run a comp down the entire creek run where it gets somewhat more difficult and judge it on a whoever gets the furtherest wins basis with bonus lines deciding any draws.

Cheers,
B.

Now your talking that would be fun still trying to fix my other videos lol

1Aussie 28-11-2010 02:02 PM

Yesterday & today I did some trails with friends, this is me doing the Hot tub today on "Hells Revenge" in Moab utah, USA. Had a lot of fun with with our Jeeps

DownSouth 05-12-2010 12:14 PM

That was a scary way to go down the slope..

DownSouth 05-12-2010 12:17 PM

Some tracks Down South

Headed out looking for a creek. Scottys Zook now has an Aussie Locker which made it possable for him to do this trail... Huge difference to not having it just a week earlier.

1Aussie 09-12-2010 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DownSouth (Post 1147792)
That was a scary way to go down the slope..

I know, kind of just clipped the exelerator pedal when I was standing on the brake, it's all good, just got in there faster,lol. Next time I'll remember I have hiking boots on

Jeeptheone 11-12-2010 02:09 PM

Some from this morning testing different camera mountings and points of view. Water and mud proof is a must;)

Last vid shows a good way to try to remove the rear diff and axle assembly from the JK;)

JTO

Macca007 11-12-2010 02:44 PM

http://

Jeeptheone 03-01-2011 04:24 PM

2 vids testing my new Bullet HD cam and mount.

And 1 taken by my son on his iPhone

JTO

double black offroad 14-01-2011 02:35 PM

More of us getting stuck:

double black offroad 17-01-2011 10:53 AM

Heres some from the weekend:

Jeeptheone 13-02-2011 04:50 PM

One of NCW in a creek bed at Ripley, the CRD's just walk up everything....

Also one of me having a drive around Ripley testing the camera mount.

JTO

SeaComms 13-02-2011 06:09 PM

Camera mount seems nice and solid JTO, but will it work facing forward? I think it would be better to watch, though may get mud thrown into the lens I guess.

Jeeptheone 13-02-2011 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeaComms (Post 1165455)
Camera mount seems nice and solid JTO, but will it work facing forward? I think it would be better to watch, though may get mud thrown into the lens I guess.

Yep works great forward as well. Just picked a higher position:)

JTO

Jeeptheone 15-02-2011 04:14 PM

Just a vid from today checking under the JK for any strange movement etc. Have the camera attached to the top of the panhard.

JTO

Jim Beam JK Steve 21-03-2011 12:02 PM

Glasshouse 19 3 2011

Cholo
Yom
more to come

Taylor0503 21-03-2011 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Beam JK Steve (Post 1175775)

Do you know what lift this guy is riding?
also did he put it in himself and if not do you know where he got it done?

MRGC 21-03-2011 05:39 PM

Would mind seeing more videos!

JasperJ 21-03-2011 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Taylor0503 (Post 1175840)
Do you know what lift this guy is riding?
also did he put it in himself and if not do you know where he got it done?

yeah That's Yom, he's running a lift he put together himself, you can look at it here:
http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...d.php?t=103658

Bandit 21-03-2011 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRGC (Post 1175864)
Would mind seeing more videos!

It was a great day, bit unfortunate there wasn't also footage of MCJK & then Steve's mad run up there. I was riding shotgun with MCJK and was smiling ear to ear at the lunacy, no letting off the diesel pedal and was the fastest run up there in the wet i'd seen - good times :cool:

Cheers,
B.

aydanrogers 21-03-2011 06:42 PM

great vids guys, that look like a really good setup you got there yom.

tcf 21-03-2011 06:45 PM

great vids there guys.

Yom, you must be happy with the setup now mate. Cholo, loving the bomb into the mud hole!

Yom 21-03-2011 08:57 PM

Mmmm...its pretty average suspension dudes. It actually lifts the front wheel there very early on - it is not an all out flex monster but was not intended to be. I am very happy with it though, the ride and control is good in almost every terrain conceivable.

Dr Phil 22-03-2011 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeptheone (Post 1166045)
Just a vid from today checking under the JK for any strange movement etc. Have the camera attached to the top of the panhard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CG-nc9SpYhg

JTO

Hi JTO

what typre of camera is it and what kind of mount are you using?

CHOLO 23-03-2011 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcf (Post 1175892)
great vids there guys.

Yom, you must be happy with the setup now mate. Cholo, loving the bomb into the mud hole!

Fun times ;)

Jim Beam JK Steve 23-03-2011 12:12 PM

Some from Glasshouse 19 3 2011
Run up to and up little red at glasshouse MCJK and Jim Beam JK Steve
and parking 101
Great time lots of rain made for some fun times