AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   P0237 Code, help please. (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=161193)

alexbrown64 06-01-2023 12:28 PM

Sounds like you want the one they suggest.
It may not fix your problem, but they generally are problematic, so it’s worth getting a cheap replacement to trial.

We had P0299 I think. Sometimes the daughters car would play up and get no codes. Swapping the actuator out really sorted a bunch of problems.

Cheers,

Brit30-06 06-01-2023 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexbrown64 (Post 1689122)
Sounds like you want the one they suggest.
It may not fix your problem, but they generally are problematic, so it’s worth getting a cheap replacement to trial.

We had P0299 I think. Sometimes the daughters car would play up and get no codes. Swapping the actuator out really sorted a bunch of problems.

Cheers,

Hi Alex.
I am not sure what i want to be honest.

The email from the chinese company i got last night says 'This is absolutely, 100% the correct part' and they linked to this. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283340780...Bk9SR9qo_MuwYQ

New battery arrives on Monday. Hopefully that will sort the low voltage codes. I will take it from there. One mechanic who looked at Jeep has no idea and other garage i use wont even look at it.

Will keep the forum posted as to any progress. Hopefully it may help others in future.

Thanks for helping once again.

5oclock 07-01-2023 07:14 AM

Brit, once you put the new battery in you may find it was the underlying problem. Plenty Wj and WH owners have had lots of problems with codes galore and a lot of them disappeared when the battery was replaced with a new one.
Good luck, let us know when you get the battery changed.

Clarky 07-01-2023 07:48 AM

There is a common problem that hasn't been mentioned yet.
There is a screw mounted directly in front of the intercooler that holds the centre of the bumper to the body. if the bumper gets a slight hit this screw can pierce the intercooled causing a boost leak.
It's obvious once you pull the grille off.

In saying that I think the advice from Alex is spot on, actuator failures are becoming a thing as these models get long in the tooth.

Brit30-06 07-01-2023 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5oclock (Post 1689142)
Brit, once you put the new battery in you may find it was the underlying problem. Plenty Wj and WH owners have had lots of problems with codes galore and a lot of them disappeared when the battery was replaced with a new one.
Good luck, let us know when you get the battery changed.

Hi.
I am keeping my fingers crossed. I ordered the Exide Platinum, 100AH and 900CCA. About the strongest i could find.
Alternator is pumping plenty voltage out so that is ok.

Brit30-06 07-01-2023 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky (Post 1689144)
There is a common problem that hasn't been mentioned yet.
There is a screw mounted directly in front of the intercooler that holds the centre of the bumper to the body. if the bumper gets a slight hit this screw can pierce the intercooled causing a boost leak.
It's obvious once you pull the grille off.

In saying that I think the advice from Alex is spot on, actuator failures are becoming a thing as these models get long in the tooth.

Hi.
So the intercooler is the first matrix looking through the front grill of the jeep? Not sure if it makes a difference, but my WH is the facelifted one.
I will look at that.

I am going to order the actuator anyway. Like Alex said, it is not a bad idea to have one anyway.

Thank you.

Brit30-06 12-01-2023 10:34 AM

Update.
New Battery fitted today. Made no difference. Flashing lightning bolt came back. Had fun fitting the battery as the bolt holding the battery secure was very corroded. Managed to get it off but the captive nut that the bolt screws into has gone.

New pressure sensor and actuator due to arrive any day now.

Very weird thing about the fault and i am not sure just what, if anything, to read into it.

Couple times now when i first start Jeep from cold the fault is not there. If starting engine again after a few miles then fault is back.

Drove home today with flashing light and limp mode. Been out tonight to start jeep and fault not there. Not really sure if relevant.

Thanks.