AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   WK2 Pentastar engine damage and REPLACEMENT (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=114335)

flexytj 23-03-2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 911 (Post 1272436)
giving someone a bill and getting it paid are 2 different things....

good luck though, it sucks when a new cars fails you like this

give it to a no win no pay place like norwickie carbone or what ever they call themselves .

cosmosblue13 24-03-2012 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yetiboy01 (Post 1272444)
Why the panic from everyone, give Jeep a chance to sort it before worrying about anything else, Jeeps all ways been great to deal with from my experience with warranty claims even though I run a 5" lift, 35's & covered in bush tattoos & dents, no questions asked, they just fix it

Sent from
yetiboy01's iPhone using Tapatalk

Im with you yeti... Everyone loves getting on there high horse and talking about what there high end lawyers can do. No wonder the industry is like it is...

JEEPCHIK 25-03-2012 07:55 AM

Yep, I had the same problem with my 3.8, hence why I'll never own a new jeep again. The dealer needs to notify jeep Australia to organize a hire car for you. Don't bother calling customer assistance, they are rude and useless. If they continue to screw you around, see the dealer principal. Goodluck.

yetiboy01 25-03-2012 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JEEPCHIK (Post 1272779)
Yep, I had the same problem with my 3.8, hence why I'll never own a new jeep again. The dealer needs to notify jeep Australia to organize a hire car for you. Don't bother calling customer assistance, they are rude and useless. If they continue to screw you around, see the dealer principal. Goodluck.

No different to Toyota, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Ford, Holden etc it's industry wide, Toyotas probaly the worst ive had to deal with, makes the Jeep dealers look like saints

I want a front drive shaft so I can go 4 wheeling

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

art_key 26-03-2012 09:56 PM

It's not an engine replacement anymore (they can't seem to be making up their mind), turns out to be a malfunctioning timing belt pulley, which needs replacement. The malfunction is said to be causing looseness in the belt and it clatter against the plastic outer housing.

They claim that this hasn't affected the engine. I'm not a mechanic and asked for advice to the RAA. They said that was probably the right call.

I'm over discussions with Chrysler Australia and my local dealer and will accept this solution. We will drive this car for the next 3 years and trade it in for a brand that values customers and can afford to service them.