AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   Roof mounted lightbar (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158919)

drover 12-02-2021 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCRob (Post 1669926)
Yeah, I currently have to take them off before I open the door or it hits them and auto closes :sad:. I might have to load the kayaks on their sides like I used to but I can't do that by myself any more and my team mate is not always enthusiastic for early morning paddles :D.

Old WG I managed , but this thing defies me, don't want the lay on side bit too damn hard to throw up but I am getting to the stage of its the only way, I would have to bend some tube as I'm not paying the ripp off prices they want to charge. Make them so I can just flip it onto the rack......

Back when FWD's lived out in the bush I went for lights on the rack, put them back on the bullbar, they were just a pain, at times you would just get the light reflected at you from tree's and stuff, far better to sit behind in the dark, easier to see the Roo or beast.... black bonnet job was cool.:cool:

Markus 15-02-2021 03:19 PM

Yea I already had the Front runner rack and was concerned about the mounting points becoming a problem and as it happened ORA made their brackets available where at the time they were the only ones on offer. They gave me more confidence in loading stuff on the rack without having to buy a whole new roof rack.

GCRob 15-02-2021 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCRob (Post 1669926)
Yeah, I currently have to take them off before I open the door or it hits them and auto closes :sad:. I might have to load the kayaks on their sides like I used to but I can't do that by myself any more and my team mate is not always enthusiastic for early morning paddles :D.

Worked it out.:D Operate the handle on the tailgate twice and it becomes a manual tailgate until you close it again. So open the tailgate using the door handle and then operate the same handle again straight away and it will stop and you have to lift it manually so it easy to control, rest it against the kayaks and it stays open while you get stuff out the back. There is a fair bit of tension and it wants to open all the way so I just held it to stop it from causing any damage to the spoiler.

Shouldn't be on this post, but at last success!