AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   KJ Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   KJ lifts and what to expect (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58714)

ed. 30-10-2006 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRDSTU
Just an update, I am working with ARB on an extra HD front coil for the CRD at the moment. The purpose of the coil will be to hold up the CRD with Steel Bar + Winch + Spotties + Bash Plates ect.

The current OME 927 isnt upto the task, even without a Winch.

I will post more info as it comes to hand.

Any further news on this? :D

CRDSTU 30-10-2006 07:34 PM

Not yet Ed. I havent heard back from them in a while nor am I chasing them. I've had a couple of extra things crop up lately.

ed. 30-10-2006 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRDSTU
Not yet Ed. I havent heard back from them in a while nor am I chasing them. I've had a couple of extra things crop up lately.

Not to worry. I don't even have a CRD KJ......yet :p

ed. 08-11-2006 11:02 AM

Guys, do you think this would be ok?

Front
2.5" strut top spacers from Rocky Road
Stock spring + shock

Rear
Rancho RSX 17004 strut
ARB MD spring

Am planning to put a drawer system in the back and towing will be basically non-existant.

EDIT: Has anyone tried the Ironman suspension for the KJ?

ed. 08-11-2006 11:36 AM

What are the prices I'd be looking at for springs and shocks?
So far it seems only Rocky Road make HD springs to suit the CRD front?

I also considered the RockFather I lift from Rocky Road which still uses strut spacers.
I had a 2" strut spacer in my Hyundai Tucson and didn't have any problems. Do you know what problems with IFS you face? I know camber can be an issue.

ed. 08-11-2006 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_kj_crd
the springs for mine fitted was 650 with wheel alignment ( i gave the mechanic the rear shocks (take 2 mins to install) not sure what the prob is with spacers n front struts i think its to do with not enough meat in the top to hold the spring/shock in place

mines a crd and im very impressed with the pedders springs in mine thats for sure never been keen on ome stuff ( personal choice ) nothing wrong with them that i know of.

The Strut spacers sit between the strut top and the body.
So as long as the spacer is well made there shouldn't be any problem.
I think you're talking about the other spacers which sit inside the spring perch?

Fouros 08-11-2006 12:42 PM

ed

do NOT GET the rocky road 2 1/2" OTT spacer bad for your struts , bad for your coils bad for upper ball joint contact with the spring on full droop and it REALY stiffens the ride

IF and if you want a spacer get the Revtek 2" spacer or the rocky road Combo 2" they have the least problems when going the spacer rout

I and pretty much all the people with lifted KJ's would reccomend coils and struts

PM me and i will tell you why