AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Self help time for slow diesel fill problem (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71779)

bismark 30-10-2007 06:03 PM

Just contacted Gold Coast Chrysler Service department, and they never heard about this problem. I tried to fill up in Gimpie's Matilda Station on the weekend, but I gave up after 25L in over 10min.**)

jbee 30-10-2007 06:29 PM

I,ll keep you posted with what my dealer finds out ( i have to say Motors Launceston are the best dealership i have seen in the over 30 cars we have owned) Graham is very good and said there own mech. who went and put $10.00 in the tank at the servo round the corner just to see the problem for himself agreed it's chronic.

Graham still feels the fault is with too small a tube diameter (26mm) running at a very shallow angle over a long distance is the problem

allanj 02-11-2007 09:05 PM

I can't believe this problem with filling, have tried three servos now and no luck.

For jeep to say they have no problem is a joke.
I think they need to get a decent filler under there.

I crawled under to have a look and it is quite small and goes a long way to the other side.

I know NM pajero's & 100 series both had a recal becuase of slow filling.

I will just have to take the sales guy for a drive to the servo for some product knowledge I think:wall:

micq 04-11-2007 04:35 PM

Time To Turn Up The Heat

I've had a gutfull of being told that no one else is having problems fueling up their JK CRD Wranglers.Maybe we should pick a day & all go to our dealers & go around & tell everyone in the dealership about the problem . At least then they wont be able to say that no one has told them about it.:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

jbee 04-11-2007 09:13 PM

I think 12/11 as originally suggested is looking like a cert for a national letter writing day

Matt&Leisa 04-11-2007 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bismark (Post 794952)
Just contacted Gold Coast Chrysler Service department, and they never heard about this problem. I tried to fill up in Gimpie's Matilda Station on the weekend, but I gave up after 25L in over 10min.**)

Thats funny, I had numerous people at the many servo's I have filled up on our 2and a bit weeks holidays ask what I was doing. Even had one guy get out of his car and ask if I was been a smart ass making him wait...

I will call the dealer this week. I am over this.:wall: :wall: :wall:

micq 04-11-2007 09:22 PM

I'm going to Brisbane tomorrow ,I might see if i can get the regional sales manager to help me fuel up.