AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   Grand Must Have's- Help needed (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=140095)

SnakeDoctor 14-07-2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steven.puckering (Post 1539899)
Ok, have been researching a lot and thank you to all those who I have annoyed over the last week! The end choice has changed somewhat from the first advised (above). We are now looking at:
Grand Cherokee Larado CRD with:
- 2.5" lift kit (springs/kit) (Murchison products)
- Snorkel (Murchison)
- Uneek Steel Bullbar 2015
- Uneek Bash Plate (Sump)
- MOPAR Bash Plate Set
- MOPAR Rock Rails
- MOPAR Tow Bar
- 275/65R18 Cooper ST Max
- 255/70/R18 Bridgestone D840 (spare)
- Electric Brake Controller

Anything else that would be worthwhile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fixed this one for you mate

Benn0 14-07-2015 02:26 PM

Yeah, snakedoctors list is pretty good. Look into the snorkel, the feedback so far is the Murchison one is better in some areas, but others prefer the head design of the airflow.

steven.puckering 14-07-2015 03:13 PM

Ha ha Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GCDingo 14-07-2015 03:43 PM

I am just going through the same process and maybe about to order a Limited with the offroad adventure pack. I will not be doing heaps of offroading in this one except to go surfing when take the family to SW WA which we do often so I think I will stick with the Quadra lift. Will make it easier for the wife and 2 young kids getting in and out. About to buy a GQ Patrol for the fun stuff. One thing I noticed is the Mopar rock sliders are $2k plus fitting so unless you get a really good deal with the dealer you can get uneek ones for $1100. Get those and a Murchison snorkel for the same price as factory sliders all fitted?

SnakeDoctor 14-07-2015 04:12 PM

Uneek sliders are definitely a lot cheaper, I think the Mopar rock rails will become more and more rare due to their price + the reluctance of workshops to take on the job of installing them.

More of a DIY thing, especially in Sydney.

Benn0 14-07-2015 04:32 PM

When I bought the mopar rock sliders early last year they were ~$1600 from memory, $2k is getting exy!

I haven't seen how the uneek slider fit underneath, do they cover the pinch weld?

Benn0 14-07-2015 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCDingo (Post 1539921)
.... I think I will stick with the Quadra lift.....

One little annoyance with the air suspension is the loud popping you get over ruts and rocks, particularly in OR2. As the suspension rebounds the air bags force the top of the suspension down and it makes a loud pop. No damage, just a bit annoying.....