AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Modifications - Warranty (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82589)

davidd 11-12-2008 02:33 PM

drafty as i said before, jeep assist is a basic service only , covering retrieval of the jeep only, not any trailers. the RAC and probably all other auto clubs offer a similar service as a basic. RAC and probably all auto clubs has a premium policy that covers the vehicle and any trailer and van pulled by it. rac is about 100 bucks a year, seems like a good idea to me.

davidd 11-12-2008 02:39 PM

the rationale behind the warranty cancellation of warranty for the hose would be that if you change the muffler and get a reduction in back pressure as a result, the free flowing exhaust gas may give a boost to the turbo. however an overboost situation would be corrected by the computer. but the fact that there was a chance of increasing turbo boost from a free flowing exhaust would be the reason for warranty cancellation. insane but legally allowable.

davidd 11-12-2008 02:43 PM

or quite simply, a muffler is a part of the air flow system. intake in aircleaner, through turbo, intercooler, through engine, out exhaust and through muffler, all part of the same airflow system. the muffler is a part of that sysem and modifying it voids warranty. you don't have to like it, but they have the right to void warranty over it. sucks.

Jeeptheone 11-12-2008 03:12 PM

I really wonder if any real Jeep and/or 4x4 enthusiasts actually work at Chrysler Jeep or are just a bunch of suited ********** who only drive them as a company supplied car???

I know that most of the dealers have owners, sales staff and mechanics who actually drive them out of there own pocket and attend events, this forum etc and love them to death.

If the workers and staff at CJ had the same passion as the people who buy them this sort of crap would not happen and it would be all dealt with internally with a happy customer and only good/great things to say about CJ and you manage the issue, not just hide behind a legal barrier.

I mean this is customer feedback at its purest and you lot at CJ need to listen up and take note. Are you trying to kill the Jeep brand in Australia or what?? You are certainly not customer focused at all.

Any closet CJ forum members care to respond???

JTO

davidd 11-12-2008 03:15 PM

it sucks, but there is abloke hanging on the end of a phone in an office, who is bound to follow the instructions he has been given, and he has given a response based on the policy cover given by jeep assist. this is actually a private company (not chrysler) which provides the roadside assistance to most vehicle manufacturers in australia and is subsidised by the manufacturers. so no mater which type of vehicle you owned you would get the same response. i actually rang them once to find out exactly what was on offer and the bloke i spoke to was a real nice bloke, an ex technician from a mazda dealership, with a wealth of knowledge and no axe to grind. was happy to talk about the company, what it does and vehicles in general for a few minutes, till he got another call. he would not be in a position to sanction the towing of the trailer, it would be outside his authority. i sympathise with steve on this one, but i guess it pays to find out just what your roadside assistance package actually offers, just like it's handy to know what your car insurance policy covers, before you go on a trip. like i said, join the rac and get full cover. but you will have to pay for it. if you pull a trailer jeep assist is useless to you.

davidd 11-12-2008 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeptheone (Post 921434)
I really wonder if any real Jeep and/or 4x4 enthusiasts actually work at Chrysler Jeep or are just a bunch of suited ********** who only drive them as a company supplied car???

I know that most of the dealers have owners, sales staff and mechanics who actually drive them out of there own pocket and attend events, this forum etc and love them to death.

If the workers and staff at CJ had the same passion as the people who buy them this sort of crap would not happen and it would be all dealt with internally with a happy customer and only good/great things to say about CJ and you manage the issue, not just hide behind a legal barrier.

I mean this is customer feedback at its purest and you lot at CJ need to listen up and take note. Are you trying to kill the Jeep brand in Australia or what?? You are certainly not customer focused at all.

Any closet CJ forum members care to respond???

JTO

jto, from my experience it seems that in perth people at dealerships don't have to buy their own 4wd, they just wait till a customer books one in and then take it for a spin. but look, chrysler is going broke B-R-O-K-E. they will be looking for any excuse to save bucks at this point, i would think and the owner of cerberus would be looking to cut costs anywhere he can until he can unload the company onto some other poor sucker like DC did to cerberus. in the meantime the customers wear this crap we have now. i would hope that jeep is actually split from chrysler and sold off as a separate brand to another motor corporation.it would then inherit the business culture of that corporation, and perhaps even be sold through it's own dealerships, ridding us totally of the chrysler company and dealership structure and and culture. perhaps there would even be decent spare parts backup. i am currently putting tgether a spares kit. have one cooling system hose to hunt up.still. by the time i get it it will be 9 or 10 weeks to source that hose and then only with the assistance of chrysler customer service and spare parts managers. insane. and they wonder why i don't just leave it till a hose blows and then order one then. the bailout in the U.S. is a real problem for chrysler. i can see jeep being sold off and chrysler and stuff going goodbye. the unions run the auto industry over there, and chrysler have labour rates of about 75 bucks an hour against the industry average of 45 bucks. they will have to break the union control, cut staff and reduce labour rates. not easy. and if they can't show the government that they have a plan to get the company running at a profit, they won't be bailed out. the prognosis for chrysler at this stage is not good.

davidd 11-12-2008 03:45 PM

not sure how true it is, but i was led to believe they even have a system something like our old wharfie system where they have blokes on the books, who are being paid to do basically nothing, except be on call if and when needed. amazing if true!!!!!!