AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128329)

Cherokee30D 04-10-2013 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisk (Post 1418144)
Mine's booked into the dealer for the update next Thursday, hope all goes OK and I don't have any issues after like a couple of you have had. I'll let you know how it goes.

Should be fine if you take it to Mornington Chris.
I spoke with them re: all the problems others have had on various forums. They now know what to look out for.

Cheers, Craig

Beast 04-10-2013 11:47 AM

Question - having just purchased my GC WH can I just arrange at any Jeep dealer to take care of the update? Being a service recall I'm guessing its a cost free exercise?

Cheers

Beast

hills46 04-10-2013 12:01 PM

So quick update. Mine was exhibiting the same issue, no low and no neutral. Didn't notice until I needed to use it a couple of weeks after my last service (which was when the update was applied) so no real evidence that the two were related other than a lot of others seemingly having the same problem.

Took it back to the dealer today who said they had had no other reports and had heard nothing from Chrysler on any issues related to the update. Have been told it's now working after they physically manipulated the actuator so they believe it was somehow bound up and is now free.

Anyway, will certainly be keeping an eye on it.

Clarky 04-10-2013 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beast (Post 1418188)
Question - having just purchased my GC WH can I just arrange at any Jeep dealer to take care of the update? Being a service recall I'm guessing its a cost free exercise?

Cheers

Beast

Give your local dealer a call and tell them you just purchased it.
They can check the VIN and advice you what to do.
yes its free of charge

hills46 04-10-2013 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hills46 (Post 1418189)
So quick update. Mine was exhibiting the same issue, no low and no neutral. Didn't notice until I needed to use it a couple of weeks after my last service (which was when the update was applied) so no real evidence that the two were related other than a lot of others seemingly having the same problem.

Took it back to the dealer today who said they had had no other reports and had heard nothing from Chrysler on any issues related to the update. Have been told it's now working after they physically manipulated the actuator so they believe it was somehow bound up and is now free.

So pick up the vehicle, drive 2 blocks back to work, park, select low, bing, service 4wd system.

sigh...

Clarky 04-10-2013 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hills46 (Post 1418189)

Has your dealer got internet? log on & show him.:hammer:
I don't believe its Chryslers issue I think its the Tech not following the written instructions, well it was in my case. Step 15 to be specific.

JamesLaugesen 05-10-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hills46 (Post 1418268)
So pick up the vehicle, drive 2 blocks back to work, park, select low, bing, service 4wd system.

sigh...

Quote:

after they physically manipulated the actuator so they believe it was somehow bound up and is now free.
That's some pretty bloody poor reasoning right there :lol:.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MYA
Now I'm going to be concerned and hesitate to take my WH anywhere near a dealership.....why is it that???

I'm with you. I'm waiting until I have a reason to kill a few hours near a dealership.