AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   Looking at under body protection (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152030)

Sawtell 04-04-2018 08:18 PM

Does anyone have vibration sounds coming from the transfer case mopar plate?

The one that canterlevers with the big weight on the end? Mine vibrates a lot/feel it through the car and see it visibly shaking at about 800-900rpm.

imaz 05-04-2018 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawtell (Post 1631727)

The one that canterlevers with the big weight on the end? Mine vibrates a lot/feel it through the car and see it visibly shaking at about 800-900rpm.

I think that is the only obvious point where the noise feels like its coming from. Collection of debris and sand. Once that area freed up a bit, the noise went away. Without that transfer case plate, this was never an issue as the area was completely exposed.

sege 05-04-2018 12:43 PM

Quote:

Maybe this is the cause of my transfer/gearbox shake intermittently at 87kph as my mechanic cant find anything else shaft wise.

Sawtell 05-04-2018 05:59 PM

ITs frustraing. I’ve pulled it off and re-installed a few times but can’t stop it.

1/3 isn’t supported, where it over hangs the actual transfer case. This bit vibrates a lot.

imaz 05-04-2018 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sawtell (Post 1631775)
ITs frustraing. I’ve pulled it off and re-installed a few times but can’t stop it.

1/3 isn’t supported, where it over hangs the actual transfer case. This bit vibrates a lot.

I am not sure what you are describing is the same as what had encountered with me. Mine does not vibrate, and I do not have any issues with my transfer plates now.

Are you sure you have installed it correctly?

SnakeDoctor 05-04-2018 07:58 PM

Quote:

I took the weight off mine not long after installing it. I was never 100% sure if this reduced the vibrations at idle but I just lived with it afterwards.