AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   ESP Disable - Take two (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84348)

davidd 26-02-2009 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIY (Post 945690)
If both wheels are spinning at the same time and no traction control kicked in the computer must just pick up left to right wheel speed only and not front to rear aswell, which is a good thing.

Have u ever given a car with TC a boot full to get across a intersection only for it to kick in and leave u in the middle of oncoming traffic with no power.

no can't say i have, but i thought tha was the way it was supposed to work. if you tramped it away from the lights, the TC cut in and stopped you doing a burnout from the lights. but apparently not so.

Mr_Rubicon 27-02-2009 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DIY (Post 945690)
If both wheels are spinning at the same time and no traction control kicked in the computer must just pick up left to right wheel speed only and not front to rear aswell, which is a good thing.

Have u ever given a car with TC a boot full to get across a intersection only for it to kick in and leave u in the middle of oncoming traffic with no power.

the joys of almost being hit by a truck ... just as you think there is a big enough gap then it cuts out ...

mines petrol rubi ... and it cuts in all the time ... but soon as i lose traction esp kicks in, if i plant it off the lights esp kicks in ... constantly something wants to stop me from being able to speed ... its just no FUN ...

davidd 27-02-2009 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redgp (Post 945779)
David, you are a hoon!!!

I wonder if they have ever confiscated a bloody long wheel base Wrangler under the hoon regulations from a 60 year old fart like you yet? , that would majke the papers!!

I am glad your south of the river, I was worried I might be coming the other way.

Go grey power!!!!

hi steve, yeah another old fart with a mis-spent youth. and it's still fun if you don't get caught.

JK07 15-03-2009 03:25 PM

This is one of the best mods you can do to your JK essential for 4WDing.

CrazyNuts well done for finding out the esp disable wire. And extremely easy to do as well.

I have tested this in Robe sand driving and was glad how well it can perform without the ESP.

Cheers

CrazyNuts 17-03-2009 05:22 PM

You're all welcome

Just make sure you clear all the errors this throws up to the ECU (before going to the dealer for any warrant work ;)).

Great tool for this is the one that Wooders sells for $225. As expected this will tell the ECU that the Dynamics Sensor has failed as it's not responding (but we know that's not the case).

pdh351 17-03-2009 06:20 PM

I took my JK in for some warranty work last Friday and the dealer sort of did this mod for me.

They wiped the dynamic control module (as a recall/reprogram thing) and couldn't write back it.

Now I am waiting for a new part and driving with the "safety" systems off.

They were not going to give me my car back, because there was no ABS.
I was cautioned about how dangerous it is without ABS and ESP.

HA! I remember the days before ABS, ESP and all the other abbreviated BS.

CrazyNuts 17-03-2009 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdh351 (Post 951543)

HA! I remember the days before ABS, ESP and all the other abbreviated BS.

LOL...I love the irony in this sentence :D