AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128329)

Clarky 18-03-2014 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMEMUD (Post 1454846)
Not exactly, but did mention they have ordered a new TC clutch???

Ask them what fluid was in the transfer case, if it is/was Automatic Transmission Fluid that would explain it.

GMEMUD 18-03-2014 08:23 PM

it was mopar transfer case oil. I put it in myself

Clarky 18-03-2014 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GMEMUD (Post 1455301)
it was mopar transfer case oil. I put it in myself

Well sounds like you did all the right things, just unlucky I suppose. Usually a pretty reliable T/C.

Stulee 29-03-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stulee (Post 1453747)
Clarky,
I've been told that if the "patch" doesn't do the trick, they'll replace the actuator but "it's at least 12 months until Australia can expect to get any". Sigh...... Have you needed to do the fuse fix on your vehicle?

The software 'fix' or 'patch' has now been released to the dealer and mine goes in on Tuesday to be done. I'll let you know how it goes. Here's hopin'......

bjm 29-03-2014 05:00 PM

My WH had no low 4 for 6months since original reflash 5 reflashs OK for a few days then no good again .Ozjeepster in Coffs then cleared codes around 20 times have changed into low 4 around 35 times still ok.Had the battery disconnected for 5 weeks while away hooked it up low still okay.I might also add that the C140F code showed up originally have the new free actuator but havent put it in.So is the problem the actuator,or FDCM.??Most guys in US put in a second hand FDCM and things seem ok.IF it packs up again I am straight to consumer affairs this CF ballsup has cost me hundreds of dollars in fuel,time and aggravation plus cancellation of 3 trips away.

Clarky 29-03-2014 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stulee (Post 1457831)
The software 'fix' or 'patch' has now been released to the dealer and mine goes in on Tuesday to be done. I'll let you know how it goes. Here's hopin'......

If you can? Could you find out the new flash/update number. It may help someone who's dealer isn't as switched on as some.

Stulee 02-04-2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarky (Post 1457849)
If you can? Could you find out the new flash/update number. It may help someone who's dealer isn't as switched on as some.

OK! Took the car in and they performed the latest update. So far still engaging/disengaging 4wd low however it's only day two. The service manager at Nepean Motor Group (who has been managing the whole fiasco for me) stated that he could not give me a copy of the update paperwork or even give me the update number because 'it's not available to customers due to confidentiality (or words to that effect). He did state that Fiat/Chrysler now acknowledge that the TC Actuator is not the cause of the N23 update problems and any parts on order for that reason are to be cancelled. We'll see how long it lasts this time......:?