AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   NEW......T36 Alternator Recall (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149943)

Benn0 29-10-2017 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troutman (Post 1622479)
Kind of makes it hard to fathom what parts you need but can't get if you don't know what the problem is.

It's just a canned statement when they are acknowledging the problem exists but they don't have a fix. The same happened with the shifter recall.

richthornton 05-11-2017 06:18 PM

This is just what I need - brand new battery yesterday but to no avail. GC completely died this afternoon (2012 CRD Laredo) so it seems this Alternator problem is growing ! Will be contacting Jeep Aust tomorrow morning to see what they say! There is obviously a big problem that is not being acknowledged.

clarky50 05-11-2017 06:43 PM

Keep us posted on what they tell you as I am interested in that to see if they say the same to you as they did to me, ie not part of the recall but keep receipts in case they include CRDs.

08crd 05-11-2017 11:03 PM

One would think, if the alternator is faulty and is supplied by a third party, Jeep will just get them to sort it.

rufus94 01-01-2018 07:49 AM

Alternator cooked

Just found this thread, very useful thanks.

Yesterday after low range 4wding my alternator completely cooked. So much smoke we were sure it was about to catch fire. Emptied the car and cleared the area.

After disconnecting the battery and letting everything cool down we disconnected the alternator so we could get it off the beach. Now stuck up the coast.

Will get in touch with Jeep to try to get it fixed.

I never received a recall notice on this and am pretty pissed off to be honest.

Classic Boy 01-01-2018 09:54 AM

No surprises that FCA didn't do the right thing,
that in my experience is their modus operandi

Surnturf 11-01-2018 04:16 PM

I just had my 2013 WK2 Diesel Overland die as I pulled into the driveway at home. Started flashing low voltage on the guages then the A/C fan dropped to half speed then all types of warning alerts started flashing on the dash.
Rang jeep Dealer in Adelaide as its just out of warranty, they are saying get it to them (RAA Tow Truck as I am a member) and he said they have fixed about 10 of these last year with the same issue
They will then put an out of warranty claim in and see what happens, he said all 10 of them that they have previously done have been out of warranty fixes so hopefully it works out.
Service Manager said they will just replace the same part and when the recall parts come in which are due in April /May then they will change it over to the recall parts.
Fingers Crossed it all goes to Plan.........