AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Jeep build up (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=161)
-   -   Grand Willys Project (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97856)

Gojeep 10-08-2010 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmyb (Post 1106539)
Awesome, amazed it was written off.

G'day Jimmy, the vehicle paper work is listed as a repairable right off. The Harley's main impact was right at the A door pillar and twisted that in against the throttle pedal stopping it from coming up until I pulled the kick panel out. The whole door seal and even the B pillar has been pushed in against the seat. How anyone can survive that on a bike is beyond me!
Have a bent knuckle from the front wheel of the bike as well as well as all the frontal damaged from going off the road not being able to stop.

Lucky1 07-09-2010 10:55 PM

This is what I did too, only mine is on the mend. It's an 06 WH CRD with less than 60K on the clock, also from a Brisbane repairable write off auction. I'm chuffed & can't wait to get it on the road!
All it need to be complete and inspected is a rear bumper.
Marcus, are you using yours for your Willys project? I'd be interested in taking it off your hands if you don't need it. Let me know ASAP!

Attached Pics... Before and After!

Gojeep 09-09-2010 01:50 PM

Love to see the pictures but not there for some reason?
I am not using the rear bumper at all but am down in Melbourne.

Lucafer 18-09-2010 04:57 AM

Sweet buying!

Anyone else suprised that the airbag hasn't gone off despite the large portion of frontal damage? Its my one fear when buying accident damaged stuff- I always keep the battery disconnected until the airbag(s) is disconnected & removed.

turbomart 18-09-2010 06:13 PM

Yep a little , although impact was sort of side on from the look & airbag G-force sensor only reacts to forwards decelerations.Am suprised curtain side bags didnt deploy tho.

Gojeep 18-09-2010 10:35 PM

Surprised by the curtain airbags myself too and when I first rang the previous owner, he was hoping I was from Jeep and going to investgate it!
The frontal damage the tree he ended up stopping against missed the frame rail completely so would have been a slower impact and not as much speed by then.

CRDSTU 19-09-2010 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojeep (Post 1123822)
Surprised by the curtain airbags myself too and when I first rang the previous owner, he was hoping I was from Jeep and going to investgate it!
The frontal damage the tree he ended up stopping against missed the frame rail completely so would have been a slower impact and not as much speed by then.

Did you ask him how he lost it in the 1st place? Snow trip?