AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85505)

minimitch44 06-06-2012 07:36 PM

treps

Quote:

Originally Posted by walldog (Post 1291176)
hey minimitch44, are you driving on bitumen with the treps? can't be the stickies or they'd self destruct, i thought they both were "off road use only" am i wrong on that ?

gday mate, yes they are Stickys. i do about the same road kms as bush kms as but didn't want hard compounds as they are deadly on road in wet. I live 2 minutes from Toolangi where most my 4x4ing is but we also have a hut at big river which is about 2 hours away so road driving comes into it. The stickies are amazing on the road and obviously off the road. But yes they will wear quick on road.

minimitch44 06-06-2012 07:40 PM

lights

Quote:

Originally Posted by Banshee (Post 1291206)
What sort of reflectors are they? I have a pair of Britax X-ray vision from TJM, and they are very good with the +80 globes I have in them. Around $160 for the pair.

Linky

Go to headlights - headlight inserts. Britax / XRay Vision PN: HL178PH4

um they are from ebay, i looked at a bunch and these seemed to be the best from reviews but who knows? I contacted the seller and he has been awesome about it, asked about the HID i was currently using and by the sounds of it they are the wrong globes for them as they don't seat properly and are only supported by the rubber. I have brought his HID setup and will try that, he offered a full refund if I'm not happy

Lucafer 06-06-2012 07:50 PM

next up Acko- buy those poor roos some sunscreen! Way nice result!

Macca2801 06-06-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acko73 (Post 1291155)
attached are some pics of my lights, 45w HID in headlights, 45w Hi/Lo Moving kit, 45 w HID Spots, and 50" Light bar above windscreen

Man, the lightbar is awesome for close spread and the hid spots look good for long range, but are you serious about the HID headlights?? That light is worse than the stockers!! It might be white but it'd crap, no penetration and voids all over the place!!
Plus 50s give better light than that!!
Matt

Magnum PI 06-06-2012 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macca2801 (Post 1291420)
Man, the lightbar is awesome for close spread and the hid spots look good for long range, but are you serious about the HID headlights?? That light is worse than the stockers!! It might be white but it'd crap, no penetration and voids all over the place!!
Plus 50s give better light than that!!
Matt

Photos dont do any justice, they are much better than the stockers, and in real life light bar is full on

Magnum PI 06-06-2012 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucafer (Post 1291372)
next up Acko- buy those poor roos some sunscreen! Way nice result!

Wait for the next one, getting in two 600 w quad light bars to run on my bus, about 37000 lumens each, forget the sunscreen, those suckers are going to sponteneous combust

Mudder 07-06-2012 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acko73 (Post 1291430)
Wait for the next one, getting in two 600 w quad light bars to run on my bus, about 37000 lumens each, forget the sunscreen, those suckers are going to sponteneous combust

Is someone afraid of the dark? :cool: