AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Lift and Tyres of your JK (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84664)

jktom 04-02-2011 06:37 PM

OME lift

Ok -
I would guess that the rear coils are the 617's, OME call these the mediums. probably a good choice for DD drive, but will probably sag very quickly with a load. I know several people who had these and loved them for their daily drive, but sagged to much with a load. They use to call the 618's the medium, which are the constant 150KG load. these were to heavy for a DD in the city, but drove well when loaded on a trip. The 618's will provide 85mm of lift unladen, the 617's about 70-75mm. If i had OME again, I would go the 617 with airbags, best of both worlds????

the light fronts are probably the 2617, which are the new 2" designed coils, which will provide around a true 2" of lift. if you are going to add a bullbar one day, you will probably want the 2616. Both of these are pretty short coils, so you will not be able to use the LT shocks, the rears you probably can.

What sort of height are your trying to achieve, and what sort of load will you be putting in it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aus Patriot (Post 1163124)
Thank you.

It is a 4dr, petrol and manual.
I do not have the part numbers on hand.
I will get the part numbers and report back.

Aus Patriot 04-02-2011 07:07 PM

Thanks.

Loads:

Front end.
The front end will have the mopar bar on it.
No winch or any other items for the near future.
18-24 months.
After that I would like the AEV bar and a winch.
But for now just the mopar bar.

Rear End.
I have the mopar rear bar on.
Loads to be carried.
Well once a month we like to head out to the parks for the day and carry a 40l engel along with a 75amp thumper, chairs and table.
2 x adults and 1 child.
Camping trips once every 3-4 months so all gear for this.

From April 1st the vehicle will be doing some 30k's per week only down from 500k's per week as my job will be shifting from office to home.

Height??

Well 2 inch I am happy with. I really do not want to have to change any other items at this stage if I do not have to. But if I have to then that is what I must do.

Wallyd 04-02-2011 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yom (Post 1163136)

Articulation pictures will be posted when I get my new shocks.

I was gonna say "how about some shocks???"
What shocks r u thinking??

Oh, and those cheese cutters!!! U need some bighorns on them!!

Yom 04-02-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallyd (Post 1163188)
I was gonna say "how about some shocks???"
What shocks r u thinking??

Oh, and those cheese cutters!!! U need some bighorns on them!!

Bilstein 5160

Rock God 06-02-2011 03:16 PM

Hi all, im in Vic and would like to put 35's on 18x9 XD wheels. Any problems with this size? Not sure if it would be legal or not. Would i need a lift before i could put them on?

wranglertj 06-02-2011 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rock God (Post 1163618)
Hi all, im in Vic and would like to put 35's on 18x9 XD wheels. Any problems with this size? Not sure if it would be legal or not. Would i need a lift before i could put them on?

why 18's? That would be the expensive way of doin but sure it can be done.

I would think 3 inch lift would be the best bet for 35's and some wider flares to cover the tyres.

BS would need to be around the 4.5" mark.

As for legalities well...there is a can of worms

Ben. 06-02-2011 04:01 PM

Picking up our new JK tomoz (how excitement) and one of the first things on the list is a lift. Keeping it mild (around 2") because it's the mrs. daily driver, and that would probably be all we need anyway. So, being that the car is under warranty and will be for the next 5 years, am I restricted to using the mopar equipment? Or can I go elsewhere without voiding the warranty. I'm sure the warranty hand book would give me this info buuuut they havn't given it to me yet.....