AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85505)

Mojotec 28-08-2009 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShortStuff (Post 1001197)
not a bad idea with the magnetic panels protecting your paint.
I gave up worrying about scratches when i took my then brand new Jeep up a track that turned into something trail-bikes would use! It got so narrow at the end it was completely overgrown, blocked!
I couldn't turn around either so i pushed through till i got out of there.
Nothing like the sounds of branches scraping along the sides of your car to make you cringe lol :oops:

When its 5 years old i'll give it a birthday and take it to the spray painters;)

haha, I did the same thing to my JK on my first trip out offroad. Was so painful to hear it happening.

chameleon 29-08-2009 06:37 PM

Installed a daystar dash panel.

jbee 30-08-2009 06:46 PM

[QUOTE=Slickturtle;1001126]Hi all

Here is something a little bit different. You might think these things are a bit cheap and nasty, but they suit me.

1. I have put a magnetic paint/panel guard over all the vulnerable body sides. This is simply made from fridge magnet material which is covered in a colour matching film. I spend a lot of time driving down one lane bush tracks with branches scraping down the sides. This has put a full stop to any paint damage as well as softening the blows from sticks being thrown up by the front wheels.

Hi

I have been thinking of doing that ever since i saw a kit for it from Germany Where did you buy the magnetic sheet from and how much was it, did you spray it to match or cover it in film and how did you make such a neat job of of the cutouts for the handles and hinges etc. A how to wrote up for this would be good if you get time.

Cheers - John

Sim 30-08-2009 07:04 PM

Great idea - Nothing worse than those trees scratching the side of your car. If you're going to do it John , let me know - same colour car, so It could only make it cheaper

dhard 31-08-2009 06:35 AM

[quote=jbee;1002937]
Quote:

Originally Posted by Slickturtle (Post 1001126)
Hi all

Here is something a little bit different. You might think these things are a bit cheap and nasty, but they suit me.

1. I have put a magnetic paint/panel guard over all the vulnerable body sides. This is simply made from fridge magnet material which is covered in a colour matching film. I spend a lot of time driving down one lane bush tracks with branches scraping down the sides. This has put a full stop to any paint damage as well as softening the blows from sticks being thrown up by the front wheels.

Hi

I have been thinking of doing that ever since i saw a kit for it from Germany Where did you buy the magnetic sheet from and how much was it, did you spray it to match or cover it in film and how did you make such a neat job of of the cutouts for the handles and hinges etc. A how to wrote up for this would be good if you get time.

Cheers - John

Looks a good idea, but it wouldn't be cheap. The other down side i see is if it's anything like the what we used to cover the machines at work the painted stuff will start to peel off after a while.

wallaby 31-08-2009 11:55 AM

Added a rancho steering dampener. Tw2ice the size of the standard one and much much better.

Tojoconvert 31-08-2009 12:43 PM

Fitted RE Sway Bar End Links to rear. (supplied by Wooders) Moved the OE rears to the front. Still to try it out Off-Road.