AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Safety Recall N23 for WH anyone had it done yet? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=128329)

Clarky 15-04-2014 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherokee30D (Post 1462090)
Thanks again Clarky.
Have PM'd hotqld to see if he still has his TCM.

BTW: Am I able to delete / detect fault codes with the GDE tune install box?

Cheers, Craig

Yes but I don't know how, I haven't got the tune :( yet :D maybe someone can chime in & guide you through it.

hills46 15-04-2014 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherokee30D (Post 1462090)
Thanks again Clarky.
Have PM'd hotqld to see if he still has his TCM.

BTW: Am I able to delete / detect fault codes with the GDE tune install box?

Cheers, Craig

To some extent. You won't see or be able to clear FDCM codes unfortunately.

RJO-75 16-04-2014 02:49 PM

After waiting about nearly 7 months (give or take a week or three) had the new actuator fitted under warranty today.
At this stage all good, but won't hold my breath or be surprised if it packs up and throws the service warning again.
I figure if it shits itself again and it throws same code then it will still be a warranty issue.
We were the first on the list, and i think there's another bunch waiting for the part to come in for them.

When we dropped it off, the spanker looked at our sheet and car year (06) and says " this isnt warranty" .
I smiled and said to go check it with the manager, and heard him get told, yes it's getting covered under warranty..

And they replaced a missing plastic rivet under the wheel arch and said no charge for that.....and I had my handful of 5 cent coins ready to give him too ;)

Here's hoping anyway :roll:

Clarky 16-04-2014 04:26 PM

A faulty actuator was the cause of the recall in the first place so it sh#*s itself again then the update has to be the cause, kind of obvious no?

I have a new actuator and the fault came back.

Jeep are you listening? nothing like beating a dead horse :rolleyes:

Cherokee30D 16-04-2014 05:01 PM

So, to continue with my saga.........had my mechanic plug in his scan reader this afternoon. Although the 'Service 4WD System' is still on, there are no active codes to clear, however there is a stored code U0114 - "Lost communication with 4WD clutch control".

Any suggestions on what to do from here???

At least I now have Low4. Just means that I have to put up with the f&%$ing 'Service 4WD System' on my dash.

Cheers, Craig

hicko1 16-04-2014 05:39 PM

recall?

Hello Folks, Sittin in wh waiting for other half to come out, decided to select 4wd, yep, come up , service 4wd , where do I go from here, can anyone guide me, Regards Hicko.

Clarky 16-04-2014 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherokee30D (Post 1462219)
So, to continue with my saga.........had my mechanic plug in his scan reader this afternoon. Although the 'Service 4WD System' is still on, there are no active codes to clear, however there is a stored code U0114 - "Lost communication with 4WD clutch control".

Any suggestions on what to do from here???

At least I now have Low4. Just means that I have to put up with the f&% 'Service 4WD System' on my dash.

Cheers, Craig

Cut & past direct from the service manual
Quote:

U0114-LOST COMMUNICATION WITH FINAL DRIVE CONTROL MODULE
Quote:

Possible Causes
(A926) (A909) (A927) FUSED B(+) CIRCUIT OPEN OR SHORTED
(Z901) (Z902) (Z913) GROUND CIRCUIT OPEN
(F921) FUSED RUN RELAY OUTPUT CIRCUIT OPEN OR SHORTED
(D65) CAN C BUS (+) CIRCUIT OPEN
(D64) CAN C BUS (-) CIRCUIT OPEN
FINAL DRIVE CONTROL MODULE
I would go back to the module & check the connections, unplug & plug in a few times. May be not making contact on a pin or two.
Worst case scenario the new FDCM is faulty:( see if they have another one & swap it out in the car park, only way to know.