AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   Best Tire Selection Ideas For 2019 (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154736)

Surnturf 11-06-2019 06:43 PM

I installed Nitto Grapplers on my Overland Wk2.
Been to
1) Nullabor and back (adelaide)
2) Yorke Peninsula
3) Cape Otway
4) Metro Driving for 1.5 years
5) Just returned from 5 weeks road trip towing 2 ton camper trailer with 350kg on tongue Tanami Road, Gibb River Road,Cape Leveque ,Broome ,Derby Lake Argyle,Kununurra , Adelaide

Tanami and Cape leveque road was the toughest,wash outs,holes,rocks,gibbers and corrugations that you wouldn't believe.......
Tyres performed 100/100,no punctures splits or damages
Back on the bitumen and they are still quiet the day I purchased them.I will be buying again,very happy

crdv6 11-06-2019 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surnturf (Post 1650290)
I installed Nitto Grapplers on my Overland Wk2.
Been to
1) Nullabor and back (adelaide)
2) Yorke Peninsula
3) Cape Otway
4) Metro Driving for 1.5 years
5) Just returned from 5 weeks road trip towing 2 ton camper trailer with 350kg on tongue Tanami Road, Gibb River Road,Cape Leveque ,Broome ,Derby Lake Argyle,Kununurra , Adelaide

Tanami and Cape leveque road was the toughest,wash outs,holes,rocks,gibbers and corrugations that you wouldn't believe.......
Tyres performed 100/100,no punctures splits or damages
Back on the bitumen and they are still quiet the day I purchased them.I will be buying again,very happy

Sounds good! These tyres are on 'special' this month at Bob Jane's (4 for 3) so I am seriously tempted. Had them on my WH but sold it with 20k on the tyres.
How many k's have you done?

Surnturf 12-06-2019 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crdv6 (Post 1650294)
Sounds good! These tyres are on 'special' this month at Bob Jane's (4 for 3) so I am seriously tempted. Had them on my WH but sold it with 20k on the tyres.
How many k's have you done?

I have done 15k with them before the Kimberly's trip, so now 25k

crdv6 15-06-2019 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Surnturf (Post 1650324)
I have done 15k with them before the Kimberly's trip, so now 25k

So, how are they wearing? Would you expect another 25k or more?

Surnturf 15-06-2019 01:09 PM

I would expect somewhere between 20-25k, I had a tongue wait of 350kg on my camper as well as the rear cargo and rear seats being fully packed with gear approx another 200kg for 10,000km over the Gibb and Tanami. The tyres didn't miss a beat,just lowered the pressures to 28psi on the gravel (rock ) roads...
This was the toughest I have ever experienced being fully loaded and they handled it well
Cape leveque road was the worst 170km of jarring corrugations with wash outs.
But I am going again as it is a great place to visit

Now that I have returned home,back on the bitumen they are as quiet as the day I bought them,but I rotate them (all 5) every 10,000Km