AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   LPG Conversions (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58288)

XJ & WJ Greg 22-05-2008 10:44 PM

Hi Krystal,
I am on the Central coast and am considering this conversion for my 04 WJ with 4.7liter V8.
Have you found any teething probs since having this conversion done?
Is there any other pitfalls to watch for?
Have you any regrets?etc.

Greg.

Dantan 24-05-2008 10:47 PM

Hi Krystal,

Just booked my Jeep in for an LPG conversion with a donut tank. What have you done with your spare tyre? I was thinking rear carry bar but not sure who to get one through.
Any advice?

Thanks
Dantan

Bushpig 30-05-2008 10:48 PM

Well I've bitten the bullet & have booked the ZG (4 Ltr) in for a conversion. Using the PRINS system & to be installed by Parnells in Adelaide. I'm getting the manifold type tank(s) put in - look like 3 scuba tanks next to each other - in the cargo area. I'll then build a false floor over them - sure I'll lose some space but at least I keep the original tank (even if it takes a 2nd mortgage to fill it) and then have a reasonable range. I'm also going to get some new O2 sensors - the consumption is horrible at the moment and at 150K I reckon new ones should go someway to improving things. Interestingly, doing the sums the breakeven should be after about 18 - 20 months - of course that's dependant on what happens with petrol/gas prices - but the way things seem to be heading I think I'm making the right decision. Price for those interested is around $3800 + GST less $2K rebate.

Cheers ... Mark

turbomart 31-05-2008 01:55 PM

Krystal , just wondering what size tank you got, mines a 60l (54l gas) donut?

RBS30 05-06-2008 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dantan (Post 859748)
Hi Krystal,

Just booked my Jeep in for an LPG conversion with a donut tank. What have you done with your spare tyre? I was thinking rear carry bar but not sure who to get one through.
Any advice?

Thanks
Dantan

Hey guys. The LPG system in Krystal and I's overland is now finished and working very nicely. It uses a 60l donut tank. I havnt quite worked out where to put the spare at the moment. Im considering either putting it on a rear carrier or getting some sort of space saver and somehow mounting it where the broken cd stacker currently sits. I would have to chuck the full size spare in the back when we go bush though.
It is a sprint gas injection system. It starts on petrol and run for 10 seconds then changes its self over to gas. It has some but i would say little power loss. The fuel cost savings are a real breath of fresh air. Its excellent. Also, they mounted the filler in with the fuel filler so no holes in the bodywork. Overall we are very happy with the results.

KRY-57L 05-06-2008 09:25 PM

Luke, why arent you working? Hmmmm.

$36 to fill the tank is way way wayyyyy better than $100+!!

Now my car costs more to fill. GRRRRR!

hemijeepy 05-06-2008 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KRY-57L (Post 863672)
Luke, why arent you working? Hmmmm.

$36 to fill the tank is way way wayyyyy better than $100+!!

Now my car costs more to fill. GRRRRR!

But how many Kms do ya get out of the tank..... :0=