AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   Modifications - Warranty (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82589)

CrazyNuts 12-12-2008 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevil (Post 921759)
Mate if there is a history of this part failing (myself include) and the motor hasn't been tuned how could you draw any other conclusion.

if I was too install a sunroof and then the gearbox failed are you saying that I don't have a warranty case ?

Steve

Sunroof has nothing to do with a gearbox where as suspension lift has potential to damage driveline components (very unlikely I know).

Either way, what you stated is correct and if i'm not mistaken, it's law. I recall insurance companies trying on the same thing in the 80's/90's where if you installed an aftermarket radio, then crashed your car, your insurance wouldbe void. Hell knows what a radio has to do with someone smashing you up the bum but they got away with it until the law changed and put the onus on the insurance company to PROVE that the modification caused or contributed to the accident.

CrazyNuts 12-12-2008 03:28 PM

I think my next vehicle is going to be a Landrover.

Those RangerRover Sports look damn nice and have air suspension.

If i'm going to be labelled a late strip driver I might as well have the car to suit the image.

Stevil 12-12-2008 03:36 PM

buy a landrover and the spare parts dude will be your best friend !!

davidd 12-12-2008 03:42 PM

crazynuts, i forget who does the stats on these things, but the last figures i saw published on a tv current affairs show, showed that jeep and landrover shared the prize for being the most unreliable vehicles on the road, with the most factory recalls and warranty claims of any vehicle on sale in australia. could be out of the frying pan into the fire.

CrazyNuts 12-12-2008 03:51 PM

At least they have something called "customer support" which CJ fails miserably at.

davidd 12-12-2008 03:56 PM

what we really need is for jeep to be hived off to ford or GM. ford do some good engines petrol and diesel . GM do some good engines too and now own half of vm motori, so could keep running the same diesel if you really like it. sold through the current holden and ford dealerships with better parts backup it may just be a better vehicle to own.

carvesdodo 12-12-2008 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidd (Post 921782)
what we really need is for jeep to be hived off to ford or GM. ford do some good engines petrol and diesel . GM do some good engines too and now own half of vm motori, so could keep running the same diesel if you really like it. sold through the current holden and ford dealerships with better parts backup it may just be a better vehicle to own.

All wishful thinking I would imagine .... an opposition manufacturer gets hold of an annoying competitor and the competition disappears.

Longterm design / contract agreements by a vehicle manufacturer for their existing and longterm vehicles are not likely to be put aside, just to produce a vehicle brand that will eat into existing models sales.