AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XJ / MJ Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   New XJ, Have a few issues! (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148820)

HamishW96 12-06-2017 05:57 PM

Okay! A bit of an update, I went to the wreckers the other day and got an oil pressure switch (off a ZJ Grand cherokee pre facelift) which works fine now!

Also got power steering lines off an XJ they had there, the wood trim pieces for the dash (coz theyre sick ;) ) a light switch plunger which I didn't need as my dash lights decided to work randomly....... (another problem ticked off) and got an ash tray as mine was missing!

Didnt get round to doing the brakes and stuff this weekend as I've found out we are moving so I have had to help with all that, but did do an intake decarb and my god what a difference it has made to the engine power and throttle response (a liqui moly product). I used the whole can and the old XJ needed it bad ;) a lot happier now!

Will continue to update as I go.

Also, I purchased the wrong gas struts for my tailgate. They were $22 so if anyone wants them for half that be my guest. (for facelift XJ)

(also if anyone wants a 150km old near new tridon sensor for a facelift XJ cheap hit me up! they go for 100 new)

Hamish

HamishW96 12-06-2017 05:58 PM

Also got this mint sticker ;) https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...559dbcea79.jpg

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

LuluBelle 12-06-2017 07:31 PM

nice tidy looking XJ wont be long till you get it on the road then go off the road
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)

HamishW96 12-07-2017 06:31 PM

Okay, so lots of progress on the XJ!

Have installed:

-Front brakes (dba rotors, bendix pads)
-New boot struts
-Fuel filter
-High pressure power steering hose (anyone know how to bleed this properly?)
-LHS engine mount (was completely torn)
-Drivers seatbelt
-Big cargo area floor matt
-Fully sick woodgrain dash trim ;)

Things to do:
-Re glue the rearview mirror
-Check rear brakes
-change trans, diff and TC fluid
-Figure out mystery knocking (TC bash plate?)
-put on bash plate for fuel tank
-Straighten bull bar (anyone know how to do this?) and rear bumper
-replace upper and lower rad hoses + thermostat and change coolant

Then should be done. nearly ready for RWC. :D

spotty dog 360 13-07-2017 05:53 PM

Knocking could be control arm bushes also (just spent a weekend under my sons new xj tightening and lubing stuff.)

HamishW96 14-07-2017 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spotty dog 360 (Post 1615064)
Knocking could be control arm bushes also (just spent a weekend under my sons new xj tightening and lubing stuff.)

It only happens when in drive or park whilst stopped so seems to be mount or Driveline issue... I'll have to go through my suspension though, it looked pretty grotty when I was doing the brakes... New bushes seem necessary too.

The u joint things on the wheel hub are grease able yeah?

Also anyone have the issue of the car refusing to start, just not cranking? This the neutral lock out thing on the gearbox?

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

LuluBelle 14-07-2017 04:34 PM

to bleed the power steering have the cap off start er up turn full lock to full lock a few times

check your gearbox mount it will be suffering if you had a bad engine mount
_____ooooo
/__l_l_,\____\,___
l_---l_l__l---[ ]llllll[ ]
_.(o)_)__(o)_)--o-)_)