AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XJ / MJ Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=123)
-   -   New XJ, Have a few issues! (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148820)

HamishW96 17-07-2017 08:33 PM

The jeeps in at the moment getting roady, am getting the CPS done as it keeps cranking HEAPS when hot and not starting... A suspension knock from the front left is also getting sorted.

To get a new remote for a 95'... Is this possible or do I replace the whole system itself instead with a new one?

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

rainman 18-07-2017 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HamishW96 (Post 1615331)
The jeeps in at the moment getting roady, am getting the CPS done as it keeps cranking HEAPS when hot and not starting... A suspension knock from the front left is also getting sorted.

To get a new remote for a 95'... Is this possible or do I replace the whole system itself instead with a new one?

Suggest you just get a aftermarket one, that is what is in mine, go for a rf type rather than infer red

HamishW96 18-07-2017 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rainman (Post 1615347)
Suggest you just get a aftermarket one, that is what is in mine, go for a rf type rather than infer red

Okay cool! Something like this then would work well? I can fit it myself if I find the wiring diagram of what wire does what :)

Also, what are the symptoms of a cam position sensor vs crank position sensor dying?

Billnick 18-07-2017 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HamishW96 (Post 1615348)

Also, what are the symptoms of a cam position sensor vs crank position sensor dying?

Sometimes the engine wont start, sometimes the engine will run but misfire on idle, most times it will cut out when the engine gets a bit warm then run again after 20 minutes of cool down. The crank sensor is the biggest culprit and I've experienced the last two problems. It's easy enough to get to provided you drop the front of the drive shaft first.

HamishW96 18-07-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billnick (Post 1615349)
Sometimes the engine wont start, sometimes the engine will run but misfire on idle, most times it will cut out when the engine gets a bit warm then run again after 20 minutes of cool down. The crank sensor is the biggest culprit and I've experienced the last two problems. It's easy enough to get to provided you drop the front of the drive shaft first.

Cheers mate. Appreciate it a heap. I think it's my issue.... Hopefully.. if not it's still getting done. But regardless if it doesn't help I'll do the cam angle as well as it looks easy to do and mine looks original.

rainman 19-07-2017 03:21 AM

When it is hot and playing up dump 1-2 l of water between the back of the engine, this will cool the crank sensor. If it starts right up after the drenching then that's the problem. If it still cranks and does not start dump water over the coil, see if it starts, if still crank suspect cam sensor.

junglejuice 19-07-2017 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HamishW96 (Post 1615348)
Okay cool! Something like this then would work well? I can fit it myself if I find the wiring diagram of what wire does what :)

They give the same symptoms so you need to narrow it down as rainman described, when mine developed this issue it ran perfectly fine, stopped in to get some fuel and wouldn't re-start, waited about 20mins and it started again, it was the Cam Position Sensor...