AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   DPF Delete pics and dyno results! (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=147846)

chocco 25-03-2017 02:15 PM

DPF Delete pics and dyno results!

Mine is going back first week in April to have the S49 update put back in with the tune and the straight thru pipe. As I was the first done they couldn't put the tune back in cause of the S49 update so they rolled it back to the previous firmware and then put the tune back in with the DPF delete.

I am running 275/55/20 and averaging 11ltr and between 670 and 695Nm of torque depending on temp

Before the DPF delete it had to be cold, like 10deg outside which meant a 17 - 20 deg air inlet temp for around the 680Nm mark even then it was hit and miss, now I can hit that mark pretty much all the time.

Here is a quick video to tempt the ones sitting on the fence about getting it done.

Edit: missed something on the video, will update another shortly. Damn

Edit: here it is.

https://youtu.be/levyWBWV9cQ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GCDingo 25-03-2017 08:04 PM

7-10 degrees across the factory cooler is pretty good. Mind you 10 degrees ambient is pretty cold so that would be helping the heat gain. You need a bigger intercooler Chocco. Haha and some CB pipes?

I still haven't done the S49 update. Seems still to risky. Is it actually fixed? If it is maybe I will go get it done then go get the tune.

chocco 26-03-2017 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCDingo (Post 1607171)
7-10 degrees across the factory cooler is pretty good. Mind you 10 degrees ambient is pretty cold so that would be helping the heat gain. You need a bigger intercooler Chocco. Haha and some CB pipes?

I still haven't done the S49 update. Seems still to risky. Is it actually fixed? If it is maybe I will go get it done then go get the tune.

I had no problems with the S49 update and now that HPF have the new tune for the S49 update do it, but as the S49 update is across all modules BCM etc get that done first at the dealers then get the tune done.

or Wait till I get mine done again if you want and I will give you a update.

GCDingo 27-03-2017 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chocco (Post 1607234)
I had no problems with the S49 update and now that HPF have the new tune for the S49 update do it, but as the S49 update is across all modules BCM etc get that done first at the dealers then get the tune done.

or Wait till I get mine done again if you want and I will give you a update.

My 20k service is due soon. Was going to take it to Aztech for service but maybe might take it to dealer and get S49 done at the same time but not sure I want to pay dealer pricing for servicing.

Cherokee30D 28-03-2017 03:02 PM

Really loving this extra power & torque.
Had to tow one of my trailers back from Melbourne yesterday, loaded with about 2 ton of temporary fencing. The torque is absolutely amazing.
Couldn't believe how quick it was to change into a taller gear and chug along.

The economy, prior to picking up the trailer was sitting on 7.7 Lt per 100 Klm's. When I returned, it was 8.3 Lt per 100. Not bad for start stop traffic.

Cheers, Craig

08crd 28-03-2017 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GCDingo (Post 1607246)
My 20k service is due soon. Was going to take it to Aztech for service but maybe might take it to dealer and get S49 done at the same time but not sure I want to pay dealer pricing for servicing.

I just got a quote for the 20k service $620, for an oil change and the A/C filter change. Bloody robbery IMO

GCDingo 28-03-2017 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 08crd (Post 1607403)
I just got a quote for the 20k service $620, for an oil change and the A/C filter change. Bloody robbery IMO

Is that from a dealer?