AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   wiring diagrams/repair manual (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137080)

bleetnblurt 26-12-2014 01:49 PM

wiring diagrams/repair manual

I have been looking for a repair manual for a 2002 grand Cherokee Laredo , I need it for the wiring diagrams so I can work out where the pci bus runs ,
I bought a manual for a grand Cherokee 2000 ~2004 , but it does not cover Laredo 2002 (flee bag e bay)
looked everywhere on the net to try to find , does any one have a copy of the diagram for air bags and seat belts (module )
or know where I can buy one online ? and please not one of those free links thing , nothing worse , I have looked but just can not find ,
can any one help me here ?

drover 26-12-2014 02:34 PM

If you have a digital version then I think the page you are after is 15866-wj-pwrtrn which if you dig into it has the schematic you are after. I know I found diagrams for 01 and 03 airbag and other bits on various pages but only skimming the info not going to dig deep myself. On the road so not able to email any stuff.

bleetnblurt 26-12-2014 05:23 PM

thanks , I have a pdf on cd manual , iot should cover from 99~2004 but doesn't show any of the Laredo grand . I will just have to try again e bay and hope the next one I get covers it.

drover 26-12-2014 06:42 PM

The diagrams don't refer to Laredo or Limited just engine size and sometimes MY, the wiring for Laredo or Limited is the same just depends if something is plugged in or not. If your CD manual has 2.7 CRD's mentioned then you have the whole complete manual.
The wiring diagrams are not like the schematic you will find for Holdens or Fords and you will need to jump from opne page to another.

bleetnblurt 26-12-2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drover (Post 1509603)
The diagrams don't refer to Laredo or Limited just engine size and sometimes MY, the wiring for Laredo or Limited is the same just depends if something is plugged in or not. If your CD manual has 2.7 CRD's mentioned then you have the whole complete manual.
The wiring diagrams are not like the schematic you will find for Holdens or Fords and you will need to jump from opne page to another.

no , there not the same the 2002 had upgrades , the manual does not cover the side curtains , the seat belt warning , the 2002 has twin connectors to the air bags (pass and drivers) the others only has one, there is a loom that runs either side for the second connector on the air bag module the module has 27 wires running to it the other has 8 , the 2002 has impact sensors 4 of them , while the other has its impact in the module itself , the colour coding on the 2002 is totally different to the other , I need to find the wire for the PCI bus , as it runs to the instrument cluster which in turn decides which light it should turn on or off , and due to the colour codes are different I have no way of telling which one is which , I really don't want to repull out the whole wiring loom again just to trace , the 2000 I can as its out , but due to 2002 has different colour coding , I can not trace it . they changed quite a few things from model to model , such as : air con is different to the Laredo and the limited , and hence the whole wiring is different , the wiring loom in the 2000 is old and frail , hence that is why I used the 2002 loom as it is in really good order .

drover 26-12-2014 08:13 PM

Well my manual shows 2000,01, 02,03 models 4lt, 4.7 and 2.7 CRD so you must have a junky CD manual, mine is the actual Jeep WSM.

fester 26-12-2014 10:16 PM

Mine I'm pretty sure is the one from this site and it shows the airbag module with 27 pins. However it does not show a schematic with ALL 27 in one diagram, it is split into 3 or 4 subsections so only shows say half a dozen or so wires per schematic. It doesn't list a year but the parts catalogue that came with it says 2003 & 2004. I believe it is designated as for the WG Europe as it covers all 3 engines.

bleetnblurt 27-12-2014 12:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fester (Post 1509632)
Mine I'm pretty sure is the one from this site and it shows the airbag module with 27 pins. However it does not show a schematic with ALL 27 in one diagram, it is split into 3 or 4 subsections so only shows say half a dozen or so wires per schematic. It doesn't list a year but the parts catalogue that came with it says 2003 & 2004. I believe it is designated as for the WG Europe as it covers all 3 engines.

yes you are right , it will show section by section , one for the air bag light , other for seat belt light , the other for what ever and so on , my cd shows the light and the air bags , but on it only shows for a single connector the 2002 had two connectors (meaning four wires to the two front bags all up 8 wires) and shows a different colour coding . I am going to have to check all of the junction box below the driver side and check wire for wire , I am going to have to order another clock spring for the one I have is duel air bag type (and the little furry dog CHEWED the other single connector!) so I can not swap the drivers air bag as yet , the two wires for the belt ran into the module (part b I think ) I think the older one run directly into the BCM , , so I got to follow the two wires (from the side harness) to see if they go directly to the BCM and are in the right pin nothing else is going wrong with electrics , thye only other thing that is wrong is the heated seats , but I really can not be bothered with them , the signal wire (PCI bus) is the one I got to find problem is different colour on the 2002 , I found the one for the module which is a yellow with red(or orange) trace, the one on the 2002 is a yellow purple trace (I think its purple) it goes to the instrument cluster it is the PCI , but finding where the two goes to for the belt (one is a earth ) PCI bus is another thing for the 2002 ran to the module, the other rand to the seat ! all seats work , and memory , they have the same connector , but the two wires is another thing , if I had the 2002 Laredo diagrams , not a problem I could simply look up the colour and find where the two stray wires go to and what there for . but I really think and I am going to hate it is spend a quite a long time following the buggers :(

bleetnblurt 27-12-2014 07:58 AM

well found one that should cover for my model , YES another e bay thing . see what it is like .

bleetnblurt 27-12-2014 11:45 AM

GOT IT !!! 2002 seats run no module as far as I can see , the leather seats has a module (only one connector)
it also contains the memory , now due to I can not find the other belt clip , (little fluff nut dog I reckon) I spliced off the white connector with two wires running to it , and spliced the 2002 onto them using the 2002 connector this should run to the module in the seat , and the module (I hope ) runs it to the instrument cluster/ BCM , (I cant remember which one now )
dam , it was due to the separate loom ! for air bags and the module for the air bags for the older module does not control the seat belt light its the sensor in the seat ! (which contains the memory module)

fester 27-12-2014 06:18 PM

So how do these compare:
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps69c16e5e.png
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps1f3588e8.png
http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps86f05a6b.png

bleetnblurt 27-12-2014 06:36 PM

the first one shows the duel air bag that has the two connectors , I don't have this diagram but I worked it out anyway without it , what was throwing me was the connector for the seat belt warning for the wire for it runs to the AIR BAG MODULE, and the limited does not , what I didn't see is that the seat belt warning light runs to the module in the seat on the limited , the 2002 does not the PCI bus runs in the same harness connector for the power seats , the 2002 has a separate line , the other two are a little hard to see , but the wires I got the right way , just a matter to get the correct clock spring for the job , (and change the connector)

fester 27-12-2014 08:10 PM

They are the first 3 pages in order from the manual available here.

General Confusion 28-12-2014 01:39 AM

For future reference, Morris 4 x 4 in the US have on-line manuals that you can access free of charge.

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowled...ex.htm#service

fester 28-12-2014 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by General Confusion (Post 1509797)
For future reference, Morris 4 x 4 in the US have on-line manuals that you can access free of charge.

http://www.jeep4x4center.com/knowled...ex.htm#service

They have nothing of use for the WJ except the parts catalogue.

General Confusion 28-12-2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fester (Post 1509829)
They have nothing of use for the WJ except the parts catalogue.

Sorry. It was just a general observation. I didn't realise that some models had limited info. I will see if I can track a link down with one of the clubs over here.

General Confusion 28-12-2014 08:44 AM

Try www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/Jeep/WJ

bleetnblurt 28-12-2014 09:43 AM

mmm seems that the blue grand was the first to include the white back ground dash , the curtains , so on , (later year of 2002) so this might mean it falls under WG ? Honda had/have the habit of mod change every six months or so , man ill have to really l@@k at this . the change of the clock spring system for the extra two wires is a bugger but I can deal with that no problem (easy to trace) the instrument cluster has its own logic and this could be the reason so many people have crazy dial spin outs and insane readings , this could be a worry for me as I am going from the black face to the white one , but so far it has not gone crazy , and once I replug the air bag module in I will start it up today and see , ill leave the drivers air bag out which means the light will beam on again , the thing that would be good to find is where the hell the PCI bus wire runs from the seat module to the instrument cluster or the BCM , one the 2002 it runs directly to the air bag module , but on the 2000 it runs directly to the seat module , the seat module keeps the memory for seat settings and for the light , it is very hard for me to read the colour codes and jeep does not make it easy with there three type colour and near same tone colour , and when working out in the sun does not help either , ill have to move the jeep under cover I am near roasted (well am roasted) and also search the yard for where the little thieving fluff ball has racked off with my screw sticks and spanners and so on .

bleetnblurt 28-12-2014 12:26 PM

didn't work , I think the whole side loom will have to be changed , (drivers side) to get the correct pining right.
blister in the sun .....what fun

bleetnblurt 28-12-2014 04:26 PM

well seeming that the instrument cluster is very different I decided to swap over , but I don't like the black look , I like the indigo look , spending the last few hours making the bugger fit , I will noew solder the two wires for the back ground light to a bulb fitting ,

fester 28-12-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleetnblurt (Post 1509925)
well seeming that the instrument cluster is very different I decided to swap over , but I don't like the black look , I like the indigo look , spending the last few hours making the bugger fit , I will noew solder the two wires for the back ground light to a bulb fitting ,

"Cluster swapping

Many people have inquired as to whether they can buy the Limited/Overland white-face gauge clusters and install them into models that have the black gauges. Unfortunately, gauge clusters are only available on an exchange basis through the dealer, and only for the matching cluster type and model year. They must also be reprogrammed for mileage. This policy is usually strictly adhered to in order to maintain and control odometer integrity. However, used gauge clusters are widely available on internet sales and auction sites for just about any model year. But there is still the mileage issue if a cluster is swapped out, and there may incompatibilities with some of the warning and message lights as well as the wiring.

It is physically possible to install, for example, the 2002-2004 electroluminescent clusters into 1999-2001 WJ models, and all of the gauges will work perfectly. However, the odometer *might* retain the previous mileage from the vehicle it came out of, or "000000" if it is new and would need to be reprogrammed. Some of the other functions, like the seat belt warning light may not work so this may not the best upgrade choice. We have recently heard of one case of a '99 owner who successfully swapped an '04 electroluminescent gauge cluster into a '99 Laredo and had no issues. Your mileage may vary.

December 2011 update - Newly confirmed case of an owner taking an electroluminescent cluster out of a 2002 Limited and using it in a 2000 limited. Did Nothing more then unplug factory cluster and plug in the new one. The cluster retained the odometer reading from the first Jeep. Everything is functional with nothing else needing to be done.

For 2002-2004 owners having the black gauges, if a 2002-2004 Limited/Overland cluster could be obtained, it would plug right in and most likely all functions would work. As above, the odometer will retain its original mileage and would need to be reprogrammed by a certified shop. I am not aware of any minor cluster control changes between 2002-2004, but this still needs to be verified."

bleetnblurt 28-12-2014 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fester (Post 1509952)
"Cluster swapping

Many people have inquired as to whether they can buy the Limited/Overland white-face gauge clusters and install them into models that have the black gauges. Unfortunately, gauge clusters are only available on an exchange basis through the dealer, and only for the matching cluster type and model year. They must also be reprogrammed for mileage. This policy is usually strictly adhered to in order to maintain and control odometer integrity. However, used gauge clusters are widely available on internet sales and auction sites for just about any model year. But there is still the mileage issue if a cluster is swapped out, and there may incompatibilities with some of the warning and message lights as well as the wiring.

It is physically possible to install, for example, the 2002-2004 electroluminescent clusters into 1999-2001 WJ models, and all of the gauges will work perfectly. However, the odometer *might* retain the previous mileage from the vehicle it came out of, or "000000" if it is new and would need to be reprogrammed. Some of the other functions, like the seat belt warning light may not work so this may not the best upgrade choice. We have recently heard of one case of a '99 owner who successfully swapped an '04 electroluminescent gauge cluster into a '99 Laredo and had no issues. Your mileage may vary.

December 2011 update - Newly confirmed case of an owner taking an electroluminescent cluster out of a 2002 Limited and using it in a 2000 limited. Did Nothing more then unplug factory cluster and plug in the new one. The cluster retained the odometer reading from the first Jeep. Everything is functional with nothing else needing to be done.

For 2002-2004 owners having the black gauges, if a 2002-2004 Limited/Overland cluster could be obtained, it would plug right in and most likely all functions would work. As above, the odometer will retain its original mileage and would need to be reprogrammed by a certified shop. I am not aware of any minor cluster control changes between 2002-2004, but this still needs to be verified."

I just broke mine as I threw it at the dog for stealing the f#$Fing circuit board from the other ! and the worse thing is I missed , and the little C%^T got away with the board ! im screwed , every bloody time no matter what I try to do this little thing excuse for a dog gets me every time along with chickens at the back yard , and the other dogs around the area barking in tune to . and some old piss ant farmer C&*T can just sit back while I try to piece together a car that is needed and suck on his fish and chip diet can not get any parts unless I travel for flippen miles and get charged twice the amount of what the part is worth , AND STILL NOT GET THE RIGHT PART , and have to wait days for bloody mail to come through , yet if I send something it gets there in no time at all ! WTF goes on in this stupid half breed dill witted inbred state! I needed the circuit board but no no no dog wants to play fing chew the crap out of everything while the wife sits on the fing couch and pats the bloody thing like its a child ! AAARRRRHHHHH!

bleetnblurt 28-12-2014 07:49 PM

yes they do fit , yes they work BUT the dam warning lights are different and the seat belt light will not work (stays on)

bleetnblurt 28-12-2014 07:49 PM

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

wobblygts 29-12-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleetnblurt (Post 1509970)
I just broke mine as I threw it at the dog for stealing the f#$Fing circuit board from the other ! and the worse thing is I missed , and the little C%^T got away with the board ! im screwed , every bloody time no matter what I try to do this little thing excuse for a dog gets me every time along with chickens at the back yard , and the other dogs around the area barking in tune to . and some old piss ant farmer C&*T can just sit back while I try to piece together a car that is needed and suck on his fish and chip diet can not get any parts unless I travel for flippen miles and get charged twice the amount of what the part is worth , AND STILL NOT GET THE RIGHT PART , and have to wait days for bloody mail to come through , yet if I send something it gets there in no time at all ! WTF goes on in this stupid half breed dill witted inbred state! I needed the circuit board but no no no dog wants to play fing chew the crap out of everything while the wife sits on the fing couch and pats the bloody thing like its a child ! AAARRRRHHHHH!

Apologies for laughing at your predicament but I found that all quite amusing......

bleetnblurt 29-12-2014 02:19 PM

what can one do , but laugh at the whole thing , to me its like a movie !
and the dam little shaggy half breed thing KNOWS!
and if I catch the little bugger I am going to send it to the fish and chip Pilkington and see how he likes that !

wobblygts 29-12-2014 08:46 PM

He'd probably make good yabbie bait by the sound of it lol....

bleetnblurt 29-12-2014 10:49 PM

nah the little bugger would run off with the pot.
my own fault I guess for leaving tools by my side and parts where he can get them .

bleetnblurt 30-12-2014 01:47 PM

the indigo face plates looked "diky" so ill stick to the black .
and the dog still lives .

wobblygts 31-12-2014 12:03 PM

Rather indecisive aren't we lol? ;)

bleetnblurt 31-12-2014 08:22 PM

RIGHT!!!!
after replacing the air bag mod with the 2000 one , and getting the correct clock spring to ggo back to the older style air bags , and getting another clock spring to suit , BAM!!!! the wiring loom I had for the 2000 I could not find , now at a instant I decided it was the dam little barking twitt of a dog , and started to think I am going to have to make a loom BAM! I found the dogs stash spot , after getting the tools together from its hole , and looking what the dog stashed there ....... no loom , mmmm I soon found it was under the old car , another dogs hide hole area , so after placing all in and starting the car , it ran like a dream ! YAHOO , but then I hit the volume control (remote) the engine reved up ? what the ? hit the other side , engine stalled . started again , hit the horn ......no horn ...... mmmmmmm looking at the wire connector I noticed wires were same colour , BUT the bastard things are in the wrong bloody pins , oh crap crap crap , I soon there after I spliced them off tried to solder with my trusty old iron with a extension light and torch , (a bloody mess but hold together) presto ! all worked , BUT the bloody light for air bag came back .......
OH NO! so bugger it ! dam the dog , dam paying bloody some extreme price for a DRB111 , I got this :
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/141504633...84.m1439.l2649
now like everything I have learned about the tec side of this model it seems this one will work ? I hope so , otherwise I am going to catch a plane to the seller , find him , get the device and give him/her a definition of plug and play !
happy new year everyone ,I do hope the year starts off well for everyone I am so burnt out from doing this car on my own , that surely the start of this year can only get better. (it all looks upwards to me)

fester 31-12-2014 10:34 PM

Don't mean to bust your bubble mate and I hope to works well and for a long time but it is very highly likely that that is a knock off.

Here is an image of the real Creader VII.
http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/Genu...ompany/1877629

And this is the Creader Professional CRP123.
http://s7d9.scene7.com/is/image/Genu...ompany/1750005

They are 2 different models and the X431 is also a different and significantly more expensive model. I researched them a couple of years ago as the X431 Daigun is about the only model that does the CRD (that I definitely know) but they are close to $2k by the time you buy the device and the software. From my research I'm pretty sure Launch have not authorised any online retailers.

drover 01-01-2015 05:44 AM

Well I await your report on that new tool, hope it works, if it does you will have found something many have searched for years to find.
Have you got it yet or still waiting the 3 weeks for it to arrive from China ?

fester 01-01-2015 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drover (Post 1510553)
Well I await your report on that new tool, hope it works, if it does you will have found something many have searched for years to find.
Have you got it yet or still waiting the 3 weeks for it to arrive from China ?

I see no reason why the genuine Launch wouldn't work fine on the V8 Ian and the price of the 2 I mention is quite reasonable. One about the same as the copy, the other about $100 more. I just wish there was someone within a reasonable distance that I could try on the CRD. Their x431 works well on the CRD just too expensive and the copies are still over $700. Too big a risk if they fry the CRD or don't work properly because of no software support etc.

bleetnblurt 01-01-2015 07:19 AM

I don't care where it comes from , what colour it is or what shape , as long as it gives the read out , and I can reprogram the 123 without giving me a new year headache , the one I use now does the engine quite well, and I only paid 33 bucks for the thing , but as it looks at the moment the PTM looks like it could be the problem , for if it PCI bus has pick up of the air bag module then its going to want to find the read out for the sensors ! and the air bag module for this (the older one) does not run sensors front and side , and if it is the PTM that looks for this (I am not sure if PTM or ECM ) but if it is the power train mod , then ill have to swap to the older one , I noticed that the fog lights are not working , and the BCM I am using is from the 2000 mod , so very possible ill have to swap it over , I can not do the other (ECM) as it picks up the sentry key , and swapping that over will cause it to shut down , the chinese are pretty good at coping crap these days , its the dam hong kong honkies that give me the willies , now if this thing works , I can not see any reason not to lend it out to you guys so you can look and try and see if it works for you, but if it doesn't work ill catch the plane to china , find the seller and place the thing where it will give them new data on it. and power kick it so it can never be removed again . DAM those honkies , just as bad as this little thief of a dog. LoL

Tyvokka 01-01-2015 12:14 PM

Just lost my scanner! Argggghhh... I've turned the garage inside out but where is it!??

bleetnblurt 01-01-2015 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGW (Post 1510581)
Just lost my scanner! Argggghhh... I've turned the garage inside out but where is it!??

where is the dog ?

wobblygts 01-01-2015 03:00 PM

You can't get a local bloke to give up his fush and chups to pay for your car, what hope you got of getting the right Chinese bloke lol.