AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Organise a Trip in your state (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   Sept 12th, VIC wheeling B grade (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50453)

LEXX 17-08-2004 09:39 PM

Sept 12th, VIC wheeling B grade

Hey guys looking at running a slightly harder day on Sept 12th.

The guys who came out on the last Neerim run will know what I mean, looking at doing a few of the harder tracks in the area.

Requirements:

Decent Mud tyres. ( BlueHeep we have a set of tyres for you to be fitted for the day )
Medium - Good driver experience level.
Locker would be prefered but not mandatory.
FULL recovery gear.
Recovery points front and rear.

Not out to break Jeeps just it will be a slippery old day, so anyone interested please add your name. I'm looking at doing a few of the tracks that were used for the ATECO winch challenge and a few "special" areas in Neerim that can be a bit of fun. You won't need a winch, but would be nice. There will be two vechiles with winches to help you out if need be. this is a day to test your skills and see what your Jeep can do.

Rated C-B with more B than C ;)

Iggy 17-08-2004 10:02 PM

woo hoo, count me in... almost medium experience

OzJeeper 17-08-2004 10:19 PM

Ummm... Dads Day run???

The CJ 10 will be at the Alpine Challenge that weekend, so that may be one winch less....

LEXX 17-08-2004 10:40 PM

That's right changed to 12th.

Ando_13 18-08-2004 07:28 PM

Love to come, exept for the Full Mud tyre's I don't have :( (only BFG AT's)

LEXX 18-08-2004 07:28 PM

What tyres do you have Ando, I'm sure we can make an exception ;)

Ando_13 18-08-2004 07:33 PM

Just edited before I saw your post, BFG AT's mate.

LEXX 18-08-2004 07:35 PM

M8 I'm sure they will be fine for most of the sections, otherwise we have some good recovery techniques ;)

Ando_13 18-08-2004 07:42 PM

Count me in sounds like awesome fun, have brought down my recovery gear so all good.

Steve_83 18-08-2004 08:53 PM

Do I need to get a lift between now and then to participate Lexx?

Steve_83 19-08-2004 11:53 AM

Can't make it :( Have a 21st the night b4

Gildo 19-08-2004 06:22 PM

Hmm, I'll be checking the schedule..... :wink:
Might do a little better with the tyres I have now :mrgreen:

Ben 20-08-2004 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gildo
Hmm, I'll be checking the schedule..... :wink:
Might do a little better with the tyres I have now :mrgreen:

I saw the new Claws whilst you were parked in a primo position out the front of The Producers last week...looking good!

LEXX 22-08-2004 12:16 AM

So Ben ,you coming along?

Ben 22-08-2004 10:16 AM

Yep, I'll be there!

coxy 23-08-2004 06:50 PM

hey lexx im up for it, need to do a few pre jambo runs to get used to my new gear. Put the front locker and gears in today, and hub conversion. Rear diff starts tomoz at 8am. will try and drag tw along too (i do have a 21st the night before but im pretty sure ill make it, im bustin to get out there). 8)

Iggy 23-08-2004 08:18 PM

Hey Coxy, if TW is coming, ask him to bring the big fella along (head Jamboree Marshal), he is a bit doggie but he'll be good value for the trip!! Cant wait to see the 35's under your TJ, (if you have them on yet)... what gears have you put in since Marxy's Toolangi trip and have you put in the warn hubs yet?

BlueHeap 05-09-2004 06:44 PM

im in 2
what time are we meeting lexx??

LEXX 05-09-2004 11:46 PM

OK guys sorry ben a bit slack.

Meeting an Packey Maccas at 9:10 for a 9:25 departure.

So who else is coming?

So far we have:

Blueheap
LEXX
Iggy
Ben
ANDO 13
Gildo?

Ben 06-09-2004 11:12 AM

Um, I might be out. The POS heep died on my last night, something to do with the clutch. Its getting towed to USA4x4 on Wednesday, so it depends on what it is and how much $$$ it'll cost me.

I might have to sell my body on on the weekend down on Grey Street...

But fingers crossed it aint that bad...(but knowing Jeeps who am I kidding! :evil: :evil: )

MARXY 06-09-2004 01:53 PM

Hey Ben - just don't think you're getting your Jeep fixed before mine - It's in there in Wed for lights, front locker and service - call it my pre jambo birthday!

Ben 06-09-2004 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARXY
Hey Ben - just don't think you're getting your Jeep fixed before mine - It's in there in Wed for lights, front locker and service - call it my pre jambo birthday!

Lucky bastard.

LEXX 07-09-2004 08:28 PM

OK guys,

Seeing there hasn't been alot of feedback etc on this one I'm actually going to change it to Sat and tag along with the Jambo guys doing a c-b grade reccie run for trips for the Jambo.

Sorry if this has runied your plans but seeing Jambo is getting so close I need ot get out there and see what the go is with tracks.

Ando is leading the trip, meeting at Marysville bakery at 9:30.

froop 07-09-2004 10:15 PM

I may be interested in the pre-Jambo run. Giving the KJ a lift this week (no real tyres yet though..)

goodie 08-09-2004 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEXX
OK guys,

Seeing there hasn't been alot of feedback etc on this one I'm actually going to change it to Sat and tag along with the Jambo guys doing a c-b grade reccie run for trips for the Jambo.

Sorry if this has runied your plans but seeing Jambo is getting so close I need ot get out there and see what the go is with tracks.

Ando is leading the trip, meeting at Marysville bakery at 9:30.

so you are still running a trip but its gonna be on saturday instead of sunday??

Ando_13 08-09-2004 10:58 AM

Bugger, can't do the Sat as I'm going riding with me big bro, might have to go for a looksee elsewhere on Sunday.

LEXX 08-09-2004 12:27 PM

Still happy to do Sunday guys, I forgot that I had to see a customer on SAt, so scrub my last remark. ;)

See you guys at Packey on Sunday then.

LEXX 08-09-2004 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LEXX
Still happy to do Sunday guys, I forgot that I had to see a customer on SAt, so scrub my last remark. ;)

See you guys at Packey on Sunday then.

Sorry guys I've had 2 people pull out for Sunday, so I'm back to my plan for SAt.

Sorry Ando13, maybe catch up for a beer on Sunday sometime?

BDASH 10-09-2004 09:27 PM

well well well...I was looking through "my posts" for this trip and then realised that I hadn't posted on it (even though I told you I was coming Lexx)...but now I'm already doing Myles' trip tomorrow because I'm running two trips at the Jambo myself and need to recce my tracks too...

...so it looks like your original original original plan is back on for Sunday right?

If so, I'd like to come if I recce all of my tracks on Saturday...if I don't, I'll be back in Jambo country on Sunday. If I'm at Macca's in Pakenham on Sunday I'm coming :wink: