AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   So who has ordered a JK? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64178)

Bert 13-11-2006 02:29 PM

So who has ordered a JK?

Just wondering how many people have ordered a JK. I put a deposit down a few weeks ago on a Black (hard to keep clean I know, but it looks sweet!) Rubicon 3.8L 2D with with dualtops. Its expected to arrive around Feb. I was gonna go for the diesel (great economy) but had second thoughts when I found out that it wont be available in the Rubicon model, and may only be available in auto.

CAN'T WAIT TO GET IT!

Also, for those that have made orders what dates (if any) have you been told it will be available?

Steve F 13-11-2006 02:38 PM

Most are saying April at the moment, Feb would be pushing It I think.

Cheers
Steve

Tommo 13-11-2006 02:38 PM

No rubicon diesel? What are they thinking!

breamboy 13-11-2006 06:25 PM

thats what i thought i ordered mine and its not expected till june-july when its supossed to be released thats what jeep head office said

millhouse 13-11-2006 06:46 PM

why would you want to order something so far out from release date

Do we even know what specs the aussie jk's will have?

I have yet to see any press release to say that we will be getting the full lineup including the rubicon

I'd wait a few more months before ordering just to see what comes out in the wash for jeep and the rhd market

Wooders 13-11-2006 06:58 PM

Rubi Unlimited Hemi.....now will my order ever get filled :?: ;)

Brettski 13-11-2006 07:23 PM

Waiting for a test drive...

I'll be ordering a Rubicon as soon as I can get a test drive of any JK. Just want to make sure my money is going in the right direction.

As per the OP, I'd love a diesel Rubicon but I'll take the petrol if that's all they've got.

B.

Jimmyb 13-11-2006 07:33 PM

Going to wait until the hit the road here first.

Big Mac 14-11-2006 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wooders
Rubi Unlimited Hemi.....now will my order ever get filled :?: ;)

That's what I want....AEV should be able to supply that :)

Bear TJ 15-11-2006 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tommo
No rubicon diesel? What are they thinking!

I agree, would be such a good package!

RockyOne 15-11-2006 09:04 AM

Diesel'n solid axles..Rest..Who cares..

I will wait till diesel is avail with a rig on solid axles..Would love a pickup but can suffer whatever body comes with it.Have has several diesels/gasoline and prefer the diesel for purely towing purposes.They love to be loaded.(aint got that to themselves;-)

krawlinboy 15-11-2006 09:46 AM

stupid question, but can anybody tell me if they no any pricing on the new jk's? dont want to spend any money on my tj if im interested in a jk.

Brettski 15-11-2006 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockyOne
I will wait till diesel is avail with a rig on solid axles..

The way I read it, you can have one in diesel, just not the Rubicon.

B.

salesguy 15-11-2006 10:14 AM

Rubicons will be available with the all-new 'Panther' 2.8 CRD, with either the six-speed manual or 545RFE 5/6 speed auto. We just don't know when. ! My guess is MY2008. The Hemi is still tipped to be available, but Jeep will probably hold this option back for a while so they can cash in a little later.

Brettski 15-11-2006 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salesguy
Rubicons will be available with the all-new 'Panther' 2.8 CRD, with either the six-speed manual or 545RFE 5/6 speed auto. We just don't know when. !

Well, that bites. Don't really want to be trading a nearly-new Rubicon in on the diesel model but also don't really want to wait for another year (or more) till it gets here either. <sigh> Life is hard for cats.

B.

Sorceress 15-11-2006 02:50 PM

Soooooo, if we are looking at a release date of April, whose selling their TJ's now so they can upgrade? Or are you gonna try and trade in?

JKohn 18-11-2006 06:51 PM

Quote:

Rubicons will be available with the all-new 'Panther' 2.8 CRD, with either the six-speed manual or 545RFE 5/6 speed auto. We just don't know when. ! My guess is MY2008. The Hemi is still tipped to be available, but Jeep will probably hold this option back for a while so they can cash in a little later.

4 door Rubicon diesel???????

Tasar 18-11-2006 07:40 PM

Quote:

Rubicon will be the v6 only :sad:

diesel only in limited model only

Contact Jeep in mulgrave and they can confirm

huub 19-11-2006 06:50 AM

re new jeep

there is no date for release yet as they dont release the new one till all the old stock of tj's is sold and that could be anywhere from feb till june as i got told be the local jeep dealer at the moment in qld there are about 60 tj's left to be sold and they are selling at about 10 per month that should make it around may if they keep going at that rate

salesguy 20-11-2006 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasar
Rubicon will be the v6 only :sad:

diesel only in limited model only

Contact Jeep in mulgrave and they can confirm

That's true - initially. Remember, they also told us there would never be a six-speed manual diesel KJ. The Yanks are screaming for the CRD, there will definitely be a Rubicon CRD, in both 2- and 4- door. MY2008 at the latest.

Tasar 20-11-2006 09:51 PM

So when is the 6spd KJ coming to OZ - isn't that good news .....

Re wrangler

from the words of the Castle

"TELL HIM HE"S DREAMING"

when the crd comes out in US we get 12 months later - not there yet.....

salesguy 21-11-2006 01:32 PM

6 speed CRD KJ has been on sale for nearly 12 months, where have you been, Tasar?

As for the CRD Rubicon, we may well get it before the Yanks. We'll have regular JK CRDs a long time before they'll see them.

MR EXTREME JEEP 21-11-2006 02:19 PM

I am sure deposit money is fully refundable pending release dates and or car configurations...

salesguy 23-11-2006 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MR EXTREME JEEP
I am sure deposit money is fully refundable pending release dates and or car configurations...

Of course;>

Sonik 22-12-2006 03:02 PM

Ordered JK - Now what???

Ordered a new JK - Unlimited (manual/sport) today. For delivery in Mar/Apr.

This rig will be living in Gove (East Arnhem Land) and will see some tough driving.

I should start planning the mods now, but need to consider warranty etc. Any suggestions?

Will need bigger rubber (considering 35's) and suspension lift (considering 2.5) to start with. Bull bar and lights. Possibly a winch.

Tasar 22-12-2006 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonik
Ordered a new JK - Unlimited (manual/sport) today. For delivery in Mar/Apr.

This rig will be living in Gove (East Arnhem Land) and will see some tough driving.

I should start planning the mods now, but need to consider warranty etc. Any suggestions?

Will need bigger rubber (considering 35's) and suspension lift (considering 2.5) to start with. Bull bar and lights. Possibly a winch.

should of ordered a rubicon - wouldn't need to do any of that

the dana 44 diffs are worth getting the rubicon - auto disconnects - 32in rubber and winch as an option :)

Big Mac 23-12-2006 06:22 PM

Quote:

Rubicons will be available with ...The Hemi is still tipped to be available, but Jeep will probably hold this option back for a while so they can cash in a little later.

Geez, Rubicon 4-door Wrangler with a 5.7L Hemi V8.....that would be fantastic, right Wooders?

Sonik 24-12-2006 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasar
should of ordered a rubicon - wouldn't need to do any of that

the dana 44 diffs are worth getting the rubicon - auto disconnects - 32in rubber and winch as an option :)

Hmmm. Good call. I've taken a look at the detailed specs on the US website and have now upgraded to RUBICON. I noticed a lot there is a lot more to the RUBI than just extra stickers. Will still need to order larger tyres. All tracks up here have been dug out by 35's on Patrols and Cruisers.

They are giving me expected "drive away" prices of $44k for the sport and close to $50k for the RUBI. IS this what others are hearing??

silver_jk 24-12-2006 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonik
Hmmm. Good call. I've taken a look at the detailed specs on the US website and have now upgraded to RUBICON. I noticed a lot there is a lot more to the RUBI than just extra stickers. Will still need to order larger tyres. All tracks up here have been dug out by 35's on Patrols and Cruisers.

They are giving me expected "drive away" prices of $44k for the sport and close to $50k for the RUBI. IS this what others are hearing??

they wont be that high for the sport id say smae as the tj maybe a bit higher
as for the rubicon id say 40 g they carnt price them too close to the kj's + theres a 4 door wrangler coming too