AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic Chitchat (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Intro (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129989)

00XJ 15-12-2013 11:58 AM

Intro

Hey guys
Not a forum n00b but wasn't sure where to put this tbh.
Anyway, my name is Kim, I've never had a 4wd my whole life, always been into imports and v8's, got both of those but they can't rooster tail mud and go places a fourbie can.
I help the apprentice at work build up his 98 wrangler, 4.5 zone lift, snorkel, extractors, banks exhaust, sye, transfer drop and probably a lot of other things, when I first saw it off-road, and saw how much fun he had, I had to have one.
So the hunt began, I wanted an XJ, so I can chuck the dogs in and the misses and head out bush. There are a lot of pig xj's out there let me tell you, I cannot express how much time I spent looking for one.
Then one day at work I got a phone call saying an old bloke just traded his XJ, I was so excited, I walked down to the yard and I fell in love.
It's a one owner 2000 xj classic, it's light green, no paint fade, 180 thou on the clock, had the head done under warranty years ago.
Bam, I took it. I've flooded the interior twice, I got a bit too adventurous with bald tyres and no lift.
Anyway, I named the car 'Clifford' and the previous owner brought his new WK in for a service, and my lip hit the floor, his name was bloody Clifford. So it was meant to be.
I've had some awesome little adventures so far, and many more to come.
Here is a list of what I've done so far
-Major svc, all oils, plugs etc.
- nexen all terrains up front, dueler muddies on the rear
- snorkel Intake
- decat lol, shhhhhh
- 3' budget boost, just the shackle drop and the front spacers. ( to be fitted )
- rancho front shocks and gt gas rears. (To be fitted)
- recovery kit, big shackles, snatch strap etc.
- kenwood deck so I can put my iPod into it
- h4 hi-Lo hid kit and 7' hid spotlights

I think that's it to date, sorry if this a tl;dr and in the wrong section.
Oh and I've bought a 95 cherokee wreck for some bits, Its got a big end knock but it's been resourceful for little bits and pieces.
Anyway, hi and I will try get some pics up

Hoobz 15-12-2013 12:55 PM

Hi,

Kim. You have been on forums a bit?

You know the rules.

Pics. Or it doesn't exist, until then.

:)

00XJ 15-12-2013 01:01 PM

Yeah been on a few performance forums for years, took a back seat and just tinker in my shed nowadays. Will get pics of her up once I've lifted it, the factory height is embarrassing

Jonny Jeep 18-12-2013 04:50 AM

Welcome Kim, seems like you've been well and truly bitten by the Jeep bug.