AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wheres the best spots to drive? (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Basic Tracks Perth-Armadale Area (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117017)

ill90_soarer 03-07-2012 11:20 PM

Basic Tracks Perth-Armadale Area

Hey guys just bought a nice 2004 gc vision. completely stock with the open diffs and quadra trac 2.

Im looking for some basic tracks in perth, maybe a little mud if possible, but im looking at a 2" lift, slightly bigger tyres, and a vari-lock (quadra drive LSD) for the rear as i love my wg and plan to keep for a while and would like to test it out once in a while

Im located in maddington, but i have only just moved from qld so i dont really know anywhere, thanks guys

Balkanac 03-08-2012 06:20 PM

go to mundaring weir powerlines track mate, IMO the best track around Perth. Its got everything, easy and hard stuff. And if you dont wanna do the hard stuff you can always go around :)

wes 03-08-2012 06:57 PM

Absolutely what Balcanac said - there's a bunch heading out to the Powerlines almost every month to tag along wiith - watch the 'Trips in your State' section.
The Powerlines track is as hard as you make it with all the challenging sections having other easier options to get around.
If you head up there on your own, do not take any puddles for granted - they may look like normal puddles but they will swallow your Jeep whole. There's another local 4x4 forum which has weekly tales of woe from people driving in the puddles up there.

If you prefer sand dunes, Lancelin is about an hours drive North up the coast, or Wilbinga is a bit closer but more spread out.
And an hours drive South gets you in the Harvey/Brunswick area - there's some really testing trails down that way.

I haven't discovered anything around Armadale, perhaps some-one else knows a few secret trails around there (?).

Zen 21-08-2012 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wes (Post 1305297)
I haven't discovered anything around Armadale, perhaps some-one else knows a few secret trails around there (?).

I got some bush trails & quarry tracks in Jarradale area, i'll post GPS after this wknd...

P.s. Got my TONNKA back:D

stampie 22-08-2012 08:42 PM

There are (or were) some good tracks around Mt Dale/Pickering Brook/Mundaring Wier to explore. Most of them are easy with a few challenges. The only problem is, I think you are no longer permitted to drive on these trails because of the dieback risk areas and catchment issues. Like with everywhere these days, the watermelon department does all it can to make sure you never get a chance to enjoy our beautiful bush.

brenttj 22-08-2012 08:51 PM

i know where a good one at mt dale is

supersmalls 17-09-2012 04:48 PM

There is this road off ranford road in canningvale called Skeet road...Go all the way to the end and you find a good area with easy to moderate type tracks. People with quads and motorbikes go there too