AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   wiring diagrams/repair manual (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137080)

bleetnblurt 26-12-2014 01:49 PM

wiring diagrams/repair manual

I have been looking for a repair manual for a 2002 grand Cherokee Laredo , I need it for the wiring diagrams so I can work out where the pci bus runs ,
I bought a manual for a grand Cherokee 2000 ~2004 , but it does not cover Laredo 2002 (flee bag e bay)
looked everywhere on the net to try to find , does any one have a copy of the diagram for air bags and seat belts (module )
or know where I can buy one online ? and please not one of those free links thing , nothing worse , I have looked but just can not find ,
can any one help me here ?

drover 26-12-2014 02:34 PM

If you have a digital version then I think the page you are after is 15866-wj-pwrtrn which if you dig into it has the schematic you are after. I know I found diagrams for 01 and 03 airbag and other bits on various pages but only skimming the info not going to dig deep myself. On the road so not able to email any stuff.

bleetnblurt 26-12-2014 05:23 PM

thanks , I have a pdf on cd manual , iot should cover from 99~2004 but doesn't show any of the Laredo grand . I will just have to try again e bay and hope the next one I get covers it.

drover 26-12-2014 06:42 PM

The diagrams don't refer to Laredo or Limited just engine size and sometimes MY, the wiring for Laredo or Limited is the same just depends if something is plugged in or not. If your CD manual has 2.7 CRD's mentioned then you have the whole complete manual.
The wiring diagrams are not like the schematic you will find for Holdens or Fords and you will need to jump from opne page to another.

bleetnblurt 26-12-2014 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drover (Post 1509603)
The diagrams don't refer to Laredo or Limited just engine size and sometimes MY, the wiring for Laredo or Limited is the same just depends if something is plugged in or not. If your CD manual has 2.7 CRD's mentioned then you have the whole complete manual.
The wiring diagrams are not like the schematic you will find for Holdens or Fords and you will need to jump from opne page to another.

no , there not the same the 2002 had upgrades , the manual does not cover the side curtains , the seat belt warning , the 2002 has twin connectors to the air bags (pass and drivers) the others only has one, there is a loom that runs either side for the second connector on the air bag module the module has 27 wires running to it the other has 8 , the 2002 has impact sensors 4 of them , while the other has its impact in the module itself , the colour coding on the 2002 is totally different to the other , I need to find the wire for the PCI bus , as it runs to the instrument cluster which in turn decides which light it should turn on or off , and due to the colour codes are different I have no way of telling which one is which , I really don't want to repull out the whole wiring loom again just to trace , the 2000 I can as its out , but due to 2002 has different colour coding , I can not trace it . they changed quite a few things from model to model , such as : air con is different to the Laredo and the limited , and hence the whole wiring is different , the wiring loom in the 2000 is old and frail , hence that is why I used the 2002 loom as it is in really good order .

drover 26-12-2014 08:13 PM

Well my manual shows 2000,01, 02,03 models 4lt, 4.7 and 2.7 CRD so you must have a junky CD manual, mine is the actual Jeep WSM.

fester 26-12-2014 10:16 PM

Mine I'm pretty sure is the one from this site and it shows the airbag module with 27 pins. However it does not show a schematic with ALL 27 in one diagram, it is split into 3 or 4 subsections so only shows say half a dozen or so wires per schematic. It doesn't list a year but the parts catalogue that came with it says 2003 & 2004. I believe it is designated as for the WG Europe as it covers all 3 engines.