AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   XH Commander and WH Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   WH 2007 Airbag light on (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=122769)

hotqld 10-02-2013 11:08 AM

WH 2007 Airbag light on

This fault has been coming on for the past 6 months....airbag warning light.
After scanning I try clear the code B162A with auto enginuity it does not clear that one.
Then disconnect the battery and that clears the warning light on the dash and everything is good (except the code B162A is still stored in the occupant restraint controller) for a another month or two and I follow the same procedure.

It has came on about 3-4 times with the last time only 2 weeks ago.

Code B162A refers to page 80-141 which is:
1st Row Driver Seat Belt Pretension Circuit Open.

Now being Jeep would drivers seat in the manual = passengers seat in Australia?
Has anyone tackled this repair, I have taken the drivers seat out and all connections look good.

briteway 10-02-2013 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotqld (Post 1355548)
Code B162A refers to page 80-141 which is:
1st Row Driver Seat Belt Pretension Circuit Open.

Now being Jeep would drivers seat in the manual = passengers seat in Australia?
Has anyone tackled this repair, I have taken the drivers seat out and all connections look good.

My manual shows B1B2A and not B162A.

Driver's would mean driver's side whether RH or LH drive.

The manual lists 3 causes and checks them in the following order:
1. DRIVER SEAT BELT PRETENSIONER
2. OPEN CIRCUIT (BROKEN WIRE)
3. ORC (Occupant Restraint Controller)

The order of testing might mean something. I'd take it in and get them to test it to point out what it is exactly and then try fixing it myself to save some quid.

Clarky 10-02-2013 12:40 PM

Have you checked the 2 fuses in the yellow (I think) cage in the second fuse box under the bonnet. These have been known to have bad connections, when I re-seated mine the airbag light went out and has not returned (approx 10 months ago)

hotqld 11-02-2013 08:04 AM

Thanks for your replies.
Yesterday I disconnected the battery, dont want air bags going off while I am working on it.
Pulled out both front seats and tested the seat belt pretensioner.
Both tested out with 3-4 ohms of resistance which proves they are good.
Checked the plugs and sockets.
Pulled every fuse and reseated it.

When I connected the battery back on it resets the air bag light and that warning has gone....everything appears good.

While there is no fault illuminated on the dash I presume there is no open circuit, so guess I cant look any further untill the light comes on again?
If it does as it may be fixed?