AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   WK WK2 Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=284)
-   -   The bug is back (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151896)

KJ RIDER 23-01-2018 08:15 AM

The bug is back

yep...after approx 40,000k's of trouble free driving the dreaded 'Service throttle control ' bug is back again along with his old friend the 'low turbo boost'.

Im sure it was running like a pig for a couple of days leading up to the eventual limp mode. Something was amiss. Just didnt have its normal gusto.

It now sits at a jeep dealership where :confused: 'F TROOP' can weave their magic

Even tho it was never actually fixed last time it happened they are charging me for this round of works as its been more than twelve months or more since my last episode. And the same codes involved. I get where they are coming from but without any prior fix to the issue , its on them as far as Im concerned.

Apparently they are flushing something due to a build up of something...who knows with these people... I know its a scam but I just dont have the energy to waste arguing any more. They may surprise me and fix it :rolleyes:

Classic Boy 23-01-2018 09:05 AM

Most modern CRD diesels suffer from coking of their inlet manifolds and inlet valves due to the EGR, maybe they are 'flushing ' theses.

KJ RIDER 23-01-2018 09:53 AM

I think thats what they were trying to tell me Classic Boy, the service guy wouldnt talk to me in person on the phone only through the girl on the desk

Will see what comes of it. I told em to drive it for a couple of days afterwards.

KJ RIDER 24-01-2018 07:53 AM

well that didnt work,

now they think its a MAF - $900.00 odd bucks plus labour apparantly

pfffft

OzRick25 24-01-2018 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJ RIDER (Post 1628063)
well that didnt work,

pfffft

What just to replace the MAF sensor?

KJ RIDER 24-01-2018 09:43 AM

yep...total was around $1100.00

extended warranty ( not through jeep ), look like covering it.

They will fit one off a car in the lot and drive it till tomorrow to see if it limps and if its ok they will order a new one in.

Im up for the flush tho

08crd 24-01-2018 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJ RIDER (Post 1628063)
well that didnt work,

pfffft

Yes, I see Rockauto's have it for $138U.S. Jeep Australia have lost the plot.

I was quoted $375, to replace a TPMS in a front tyre, well that was another job they lost.