AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hot Topic of week (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=252)
-   -   Jeep Lemon Australia Viral (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142363)

Jimmyb 12-01-2016 12:49 PM

Jeep Lemon Australia Viral

An Australian man has struck a chord with disgruntled car owners around the world, by crafting a clever musical complaint over his “lemon” Jeep.

Teg Sethi’s music video has only been online for two days but has already wracked up more than 60,000 views.

That may make him feel a little better because the parody of Redfoo’s New Thang is a sharply worded dig at Fiat Chrysler Jeep, which he says owes him a $60,000 refund on his car.

While he declares, "I made a mistake - I bought a Jeep" in the chorus, Mr Sethi says there is a serious side to the humorous production.

“In October 2013 I bought a new Jeep Grand Cherokee for $60,000,” he wrote on his YouTube account.

“This was a BIG mistake as it has been a lemon Jeep from the day I got it.”

Whats our thoughts at #ausjeep ??

Steve F 12-01-2016 01:56 PM

Jeep have bought it back off of him already, he asked for $100k initially but took the $60k in the end with some adjustments to the gag order on him.

Cheers
Steve

Jimmyb 12-01-2016 03:07 PM

Gag order or not, still plenty of his videos doing the rounds in circulation. Bet he's even making a return on the youtube video channel

barnyard 12-01-2016 05:43 PM

Didn't watch the video and have no intention too either, as i don't think you need to make a literal "Song and Dance" about the issue, get it sorted and move on, just my view...and how many automotive companies are there that HAVEN'T had the odd lemon, not many. Any ideas on what the issues were?

bleetnblurt 12-01-2016 09:36 PM

what is his job ? how did he pay ?
looks like the type of person that hangs around Aspley in Brisbane at night to drop burnouts and gloat and sell what ever. OH the gold chains say it all , and yeah if I was a dealer and that sort of thing performed like he does I too would tell him where to go.
and is that the way he thinks receptionists look and act ?
pretty low outlook on other people.

rang0 13-01-2016 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleetnblurt (Post 1563700)
what is his job ? how did he pay ?
looks like the type of person that hangs around Aspley in Brisbane at night to drop burnouts and gloat and sell what ever. OH the gold chains say it all , and yeah if I was a dealer and that sort of thing performed like he does I too would tell him where to go.
and is that the way he thinks receptionists look and act ?
pretty low outlook on other people.

What do you do for a job?

Regardless what the guy looks like or does for a job is not important here and comes across as though you are intolerant of his race or believes. You say a low outlook on other people, might be time to read your post and review your thoughts.

I think it is good that the consumer has stuck up for him self, and if this is the only way that jeep will notice him good on him. Lets be honest jeeps are not the most reliable car around and if your putting that much cash into a car you'll want it to be safe.
I bought a jeep and was so dissapointed in it, now the only thing thats jeep is the chassis rails, steering system and the body because i like the look of it.

To the guy saying to sort it and move on, if you watch it youll understand why he has done this so it is incorrect for you to make that statement.

Im going through the same thing with one of the biggest franchise builders in Australia and the greed and corruption in these mulit million dollar companies is discusting so they can turn over a profit at the cost of the consumer. so i know on a personal level how this guy feels.

Sent from my SM-J100Y

layback40 13-01-2016 06:27 AM

Would be interesting to know what the faults were. No car these days is fault free ex the factory. The last cars to be that way were Mercedes Benz decades ago.