AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   KJ Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   list the issues you have had with your kj (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65627)

hoppy 29-01-2007 09:34 PM

list the issues you have had with your kj

i will get this started , would appreciate if you guys could list the problems you have had so far and maybe how many km done so far .
jeep head office contacted me the other day after i sent an email re problems
i will discuss all problems and see what response i get
kj limited 05 crd 50000km
so far
3 sets rotors
steering wheel replaced
turbo hose
torque converter
ball joints
intercooler split
numerus resets of computor etc
thanks
hoppy

palla 29-01-2007 10:30 PM

Yeah ok, ill buy into this...

kj Sport 05 crd 27000km
so far
1 set rotors & pads (both replaced at the same time with Greenstuff pads)
steering wheel to be replaced (should be in next week)
Torque converter (recall notice on web but not done at last service)
ball joints (on recall not due to failure, done last service)
resets of computer (ECM updates)
Left stop lamp melted onto lense (still to be sorted)

GMEMUD 30-01-2007 06:52 AM

ABS brake light continualy comming on . Eventually sorted at dealership after SIX visits, They just kept reseting the computer thingo for the first five times till I jumped up and down like an idiot till the service manager decided to look into it.
Lower ball joints replaced under recall.
120000ks and alls good. '04 3.7

Fouros 30-01-2007 07:31 AM

2004 Extreme sport V6
160,000 ks

front driveshaft replaced due to me being stupid in mud (CV at tfer case end full of crap (rocks and stuff) )

starter motor See above

Ball joints ( under recall )

that is all :mrgreen:

monster 30-01-2007 07:40 AM

2002 3.7L Sport, 43,000Kms

1 set rotors and pads, at 20,000kms
another set of pads and rotors machined, at 42,000kms (which would have been fine, had they not been replaced 22,000kms ago)
2 sets of LBJs, both recalls
New air-con condenser (I think, something big and expensive up behind the dash anyway) under warranty, during the installation of which they managed to squirt sticky pink stuff all over the passenger side footwell, which took (literally) months to get out of the carpet.
New air-con compressor, under warranty.
Passenger side air vent fell into the dash, whilst fixing this they managed to gouge holes in both the dash and vent, if it was a show car I'd have been really upset.

Apart from that it's fine, looks like I got off lightly though!

hoppy 30-01-2007 07:43 AM

should have also added throttle body replaced also
thanks for your input guys , your right Blue the only way these problems are going to be taken seriously is if we do something together i think , i will contact the head office again and see that happens .
hoppy

metro09 30-01-2007 09:05 AM

05 CRD Limited.
34,000kms

Replaced both front headlights due to lenses bubbling (factory bulbs)
fog light peeling
once a month the EVIC resets to US Imperial measurements
Torque Converter
Ball Joints (STILL not done yet)
Turbo Hose
Transmission Dipstick tube cracked (second trip on tow truck)
Front Rotors Replaced
Computer does some funny things occasionally - ie -yesterday started the car and the trip meter started increasing when stopped. On the way home - the CD Stacker was not recognised (fixed itself out once i turned off and on)

oh and constant rattle on the passenger side dash that they will no longer touch because it is near the airbag.