AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   Jeep Installation and How To's (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=208)
-   -   Light bars & bi-xenon headlights (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149602)

AusSteve 13-08-2017 12:23 PM

Light bars & bi-xenon headlights

Hi all, I was looking at a 1Lum light bar yesterday at a well known auto accessory store. When I said I had a MY 15 GC Overland the shop guy said they would not fit them because there have been a lot of instances of the light bar blowing the bi-xenon headlights. He did suggest that possibly Jeep have a particular wiring loom for light bars. Does anyone know anything at all about this?
Cheers, Steve.

Hoobz 13-08-2017 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AusSteve (Post 1617275)
Hi all, I was looking at a 1Lum light bar yesterday at a well known auto accessory store. When I said I had a MY 15 GC Overland the shop guy said they would not fit them because there have been a lot of instances of the light bar blowing the bi-xenon headlights. He did suggest that possibly Jeep have a particular wiring loom for light bars. Does anyone know anything at all about this?
Cheers, Steve.

Hello new member Steve,

Has not the guy in the shop heard of a relay switch? And the different ways they can be configured? :confused:

Or am I totally missing something :confused:

AusSteve 14-08-2017 11:20 AM

Hi Hoobz & thanks for the reply. I may have made that fatal mistake of believing he knew what he was talking about. I did assume he knew about relays etc. I'll investigate further (elsewhere).

timsarg 04-09-2017 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AusSteve (Post 1617275)
Cheers, Steve.

go find another auto electrician, the guy has nfi what he is talking about

i run a pair of lightforce htx230's and a lightbar on the roof on my wk2 and have no issues with it "blowing" my headlights .

no special "Jeep" wiring loom needed either

AusSteve 05-09-2017 06:41 PM

Thanks timsarg, & everyone else for your comments on this. Think I'll wait until the warranty ends next January anyway.

timsarg 22-09-2017 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AusSteve (Post 1619196)
Thanks timsarg, & everyone else for your comments on this. Think I'll wait until the warranty ends next January anyway.

why ?

nothing you do to add lights to the car is going to void the warranty . absolute bullshit that lightbars or spotties blow the hid's .

Kenny72 29-09-2017 09:26 PM

WK2 Led Bar Connection.

Hello Timsarg
I am also a new WK2 owner and about to fit a led bar, please advise the best place to connect HI Beam signal for le bar relay.
Thanks for any help.
Kenny 72