AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   AUSJEEP Updates and News (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=131)
-   -   HELP US SOURCE DOWNTIME ISSUES (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49102)

Jimmyb 13-05-2004 08:07 AM

HELP US SOURCE DOWNTIME ISSUES

James,

I am not sure if you are possibly having some kind of local issue with that part of the world. As you could see from Boby's reply , the server has not even been rebooted in over 2 weeks:

8:52am up 16 days, 21 min, 2 users, load average: 0.48, 2.36, 3.60

Also, this machine has a total historical uptime of 99.987 since we built it 1.5 years ago. We monitor the server on 5 minute increments 24 hours a day and receive alerts of there is ever a problem. We have shown 0 downtime on this machine lately.

If you are having issues, then they have to be local. It is possibly a backbone provider or a fiber line/router having issues on your side of thw world. Please understand that we can only be held responsible for the routing and lines that are inside of our Data Center, and not for those which route around the rest of the world.

You can update this ino your forum and invite people to send trace routes so that we can see where the connection is dying. If we could see your traceroutes during the "downtime" you are experiencing then it would greatly help us explain what you are seeing.

I hope this information helps. Have a good day.

Sincerely,
Nathan Murray
Stormwire Internet Services, LLC

omaroo 13-05-2004 08:14 AM

JimmyB

No problem in providing a traceroute for you during downtime... if I can catch it!

Don't know how most users are going to do this for you short of going to a shell or by using a gui-enabled package.

Unix to the rescue :P

Jimmyb 13-05-2004 09:59 AM

yeah i know chrispy, i know its a big ask for people but for those that know how maybe we can sort this bloddy problem out.

Ben 13-05-2004 10:06 AM

Um, how do you trace route?

omaroo 13-05-2004 01:00 PM

Ben

It's such a long time since I have used that horrible thing Bill Gates calls "Windows" that I can't tell you any more.

If I remeber at all..... you can go to the Start menu and bring up "run"... and that get's you to a terminal.... I think. Once there, type in "traceroute www.ausjeepoffroad.com" (if traceroute is even installed!!!!!) and you will see a pile of things start to list.... such as IP addresses of networks your machine is going through in order to get to AusJeep. Let it finish and then copy/paste what you get here.

Jeff 13-05-2004 02:10 PM

Press Start, then press run. Type CMD in the window that pops up & another window should pop up with "C:\something something" there. Type in 'Tracert www.ausjeepoffroad.com' (without the '') & a bunch of numbers will show up. Copy & paste those numbers into an email & send them to JimmyB

Jimmyb 13-05-2004 02:12 PM

great work jeff, if you come onto the site and its down immediately do this and we might be able to give the isp feedback and not chase our tail so much.