AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85505)

Evil Dolf 12-05-2009 11:35 AM

Yeah, I considered that for a moment. I think I have some grey rust proof primer in the shed. But I figuerd the touch up paint may come in handy in the future.

Damn today is going slowly...

taskmaster 13-05-2009 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil Dolf (Post 968059)
Just bought mine! Ordered from Jeep Konection Friday morning, Arrived Monday Arvo! Top Stuff. I will be installing it tonight... today will be a looong day!

Question for those who have installed one..

Looking though the supplied instructions, it doesn't look to tricky. Obviously, the worst bit will be cutting into the hood!

Does anyone have any tips? Anything they learnt on the job??

Will post pics when all done!

If you do happen to use a hole saw make sure its a 2". The Instructions that came in the box show the use of a 3". Updated install instructions are available from the AEV website. The updated template has a tighter tolerance.

jkrenegade 16-05-2009 10:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
my jeep finally grew up!!!

fitted OME heavy duty springs
Rancho rs9000xl with remote cannister
RE front upper control arms
JKS adjustable front discos
Skyjacker longer rear links
longer braided brake lines
Caloffroad front and rear Panhards coming
285s i had in the shed to dynamic rims

All in all a good days work!

jk unlimited 16-05-2009 02:46 PM

looks great jkrenegade, is there anything better than black rims on a JK?, I think not.:hump:

caseyg 16-05-2009 03:45 PM

jkrenegade: is that a custom rack?
i know a few 2dr JK owners who'd love one just like it.

jkrenegade 16-05-2009 05:15 PM

Have to agree with you jk unlimited, specially on the rescue green!!

Caseyg, its one i had made up by a local steel shop. I got the centre rack off ebay and had the rest bent up to fit. total cost was around $750 including a bash plate for the front.

tdwrangler 16-05-2009 06:33 PM

What brand and specs are those black rims? Is it just an illusion or are they smaller than the stock alloys (ie 15")?

sjs 16-05-2009 07:59 PM

in the past several weeks

5 Attachment(s)
just figured how to do pics. tks to my daughter. so here goes.

of my draws in progress
my inverter under seat
my hella & cig plug sockets in rear seat belt cover
my uhf remote mike mounted left of my steering wheel

cheers

steve. more to come
Attachment 32783

Attachment 32784

Attachment 32785

Attachment 32786

Attachment 32787