AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   JK Wrangler Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=162)
-   -   What have you done to your JK this week? 2.5M Views (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85505)

jbee 01-06-2009 07:03 PM

Hi Taskmaster

That's a heavy front spring and medium 150KG rear - same setup as me
I just had the OME setup installed and the lift seems to have allowed for my bar and winch, as i got 65mm lift at the rear and 92 at the front - if you allow for the 25mm sag I got at the front from when the winch and bar went on that equates to 65mm or 2.6" all round - and the JK no longer sits slightly nose down.

Cheers John

taskmaster 01-06-2009 07:44 PM

OME 2.5" Lift

John,
Lift height over stock is probably 2.5". I reckon the bar and winch probably dropped the front by about 1.5" on stock springs, hence about 4" gain on weighted vehicle.
Measurements before and after lift show 65mm / 2.5" gain at the rear, 105mm / 4" at front. She sits a lot more level now, not nose down. Annoys the hell out of small car drivers at the lights after dark, their hands reach for the rear view mirror 9 times out of 10. I'm forever making use of that light tilt feature. Never saw a need for it previously.:D
Cheers
Guy

Brettski 02-06-2009 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taskmaster (Post 974727)
She sits a lot more level now, not nose down. Annoys the hell out of small car drivers at the lights after dark, their hands reach for the rear view mirror 9 times out of 10. I'm forever making use of that light tilt feature. Never saw a need for it previously.:D

It is really easy to adjust your headlights permanently. Just look for the little white knob just to the rear and the outside of each headlight. As long as you don't have monster hands you can get in there and adjust the tilt as necessary. That way you can use the motorised tilt feature for what it was intended - when you put more weight in the back.

B.

DazNBrooke 02-06-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JK07 (Post 970732)

what bar is that?

looks tough....

meawhile here are the new rock slider/steps...

http://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/...0&d=1243761719

JK07 02-06-2009 01:37 PM

looks good mate. What kind of rock rails are they? Do you have more close up pics from under and around

DazNBrooke 02-06-2009 01:54 PM

They are rugged ridge, previously off Gorillav's rig.

I can get some more pics. there are a few more in the jeep build up thread.

ps what bar is that on the black unlimted in the vid? arb?

max&ozzy 02-06-2009 02:38 PM

Found the squeak

Fixed the insanely annoying squeak I thought was coming from inside the dash area behind the radio. For months this has been driving me nuts. A squeaky / rubbing sounds from inside the dash. After some google searches (hardest part about that is trying to describe the bl88dy thing to find relevant info) I came across some one in USA who had the same issue. Turns out to be the AC hoses right back at the firewall. They have some flex which is where the annoying sound was coming from. The area is very hard to get to but I've managed to use a flexi claw rod to reach in a stuff a thin bit of electrical insulator just behind the housing where the AC hose mounting joins the firewall. Such a happy result. Not sure it's the best method and it might well not last the next big road trip but now I know what I'm looking at I'll be able to attack it again if it comes back.

JEEPCHIK 02-06-2009 05:17 PM

3 Attachment(s)
:D Warn rockcrawler bar arrived on Wednesday last week, fitted on Thursday and then tested on Sunday.Love it:D Completely changes the JK altogether.