AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   South Australia (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Border Track end of August (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=149539)

Grippy 15-08-2017 07:57 PM

I should have known Adam, your profile pic is one I took last year, haha.

SO so far, we have
Myself - Grippy - WJ Grand
Tattoedtank - Jim - Beasty Wrangler
Hoobz and family - WJ, woo hoo, another one
Tookles and family - XJ
maybe some others.

Tookles 15-08-2017 08:04 PM

:lol: yeah it is. Still my favourite pic of the xj
Got a mate that may be interested in coming in his hilux too

Hoobz 15-08-2017 08:53 PM

Sorry guys... Looks like you're going to have to put up with us tagging along :hammer:

Lock us in. We're all looking forward to it.

Add me, my missus and one 12yr old, in Dexter the WG.

Plus another couple of keen mates in an Amorok, it's set up with lift, locker, 33" muddies and a winch.

Some others are still to get back to me, so possible more

Grippy 16-08-2017 09:12 AM

Excellent!
I'm owed some time at work so going to ask today if I can get a reliever for half day next Friday 25th and leave around lunchtime, getting to Pinaroo around 3 or so, giving time to get the fire going, have my T cooking in the camp oven for a decent time and just chill for a while with some brews.

Then Saturday, maybe head off around 10 or so, making our way to Red Bluff, stops on the way for lunch and playing around on sand hills etc and for when people get distracted by having phone reception on top of Trig Hill where the lookout tower is, make camp by 3 or 4, finish the track the next day, through the mud pools, haha

So what do ya all think? Pine Hut Soak for the first camp on Friday night? It's the best and biggest of them all up that way I think, then Red Bluff is massive too, and they both have long drops for the ladies.

There is usually some wood along the track to collect, campsites are fairly stripped, but maybe if each car can bring a bag of wood, so we can have a decent fire???? Heaps being given away on GumTree

Tattooedtank 16-08-2017 06:44 PM

Work boss and house boss both say it's ok for this trip! I'm in! [emoji869][emoji41][emoji869]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tookles 16-08-2017 07:19 PM

We are in! We will be heading up Saturday morning though so its only 1 night for the little one.
Cant wait :)

Grippy 16-08-2017 08:02 PM

awesome people's, good to hear Jim, tis tough sometimes with travelling with babies Adam, I had to 'apply' for my half day, so waitimg to see what my Line Manager says, otherwise I'll be there around 630 or so. Haven't told the home boss yet, haha, I did mention it a few weeks ago though, so that counts
So Pine But Soak Friday night?????

Sent from under my Grand Cherokee