AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Jeep 2.7crd not starting (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=154578)

Tinyprins 06-01-2019 04:14 AM

Im going to take the high pressure pump off and send it to bosch and have it tested ..will see what happens

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

JeanLuke 06-01-2019 07:15 AM

If you have it running, stop it and try a restart straight away (say within 10 seconds of fully stopping) does it start quicker? If so, you probably have a slow air leak between the tank and the LP pump.

Another cheap & easy check is to install a non-return (check) valve in the rubber line between the filter and the steel line from the tank.

bodgie 06-01-2019 08:01 AM

Have you replace the fuel pressure regulator at all?

The injector leak back results look OK to me but they could be confusing the pressure regulator too, does the car run well in the return line in disconnected?

Jason

Tinyprins 06-01-2019 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeanLuke (Post 1644399)
If you have it running, stop it and try a restart straight away (say within 10 seconds of fully stopping) does it start quicker? If so, you probably have a slow air leak between the tank and the LP pump.

Another cheap & easy check is to install a non-return (check) valve in the rubber line between the filter and the steel line from the tank.

It can run for an hour if i switch it off and try to start again nothing cranks forever until i spray quick start

Tinyprins 06-01-2019 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bodgie (Post 1644403)
Have you replace the fuel pressure regulator at all?

The injector leak back results look OK to me but they could be confusing the pressure regulator too, does the car run well in the return line in disconnected?

Jason

New regulator from mb ..havent disconnected the return while engine is running

Tinyprins 06-01-2019 03:28 PM

I have started it yesterday engine was cold its making a grunting effect when idling grunt grunt grunt ..like its loosing pressure the pump has 12month gaurantee from july last year so will send it monday back to bosch to have tested will ask if they can test the fuel regulator aswell

markredgum 06-01-2019 06:40 PM

I sympathise with your plight - my CRD is off the mechanic on the 14th to see why it stopped mid-flight. Hopefully it is something as simple as air in the lines.

Attached is a link to a You Tube video I think you might find interesting. (There is a photo of the Grand Cherokee, but I think it is the 2.5l Cherokee.)

I love how the Jeep stealership wanted to replace the engine!

It just shows how hard it is to diagnose problems with these CRDs.

There are other videos on this channel which you might also find interesting.

Enjoy!