AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand

AUSJEEPOFFROAD.COM Jeep News Australia and New Zealand (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/index.php)
-   ZJ WJ WG Grand Cherokee (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=130)
-   -   Fuel Draining Back (https://www.ausjeepoffroad.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152766)

mottleemob 02-05-2018 07:16 PM

Fuel Draining Back

If I leave the car overnight the fuel drains out of the fuel filter causing it not to start without bleeding. Once it is bled will run and start all day without a problem. Any ideas?
cheers Phil
:(

bodgie 02-05-2018 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mottleemob (Post 1633031)
If I leave the car overnight the fuel drains out of the fuel filter causing it not to start without bleeding. Once it is bled will run and start all day without a problem. Any ideas?
cheers Phil
:(

CRD?

If so you probably need to invest in some new rings not he fuel lines, plenty of threads on here about how to do it and what the MB part number is.

Jason

Adrian D 03-05-2018 12:29 AM

Do you have fuel in the line from the filter to the low pressure pump?

I would first replace o-rings on the line form the filter to the low pressure pump if they are in unknown condition and then change fuel filter.

Meccano 03-05-2018 10:33 AM

Had the exact same problem shortly after i replaced the Fuel filter.

I replaced the 2 O-rings in the fuel filter, the Water sensor o-ring and the o-ring on the drain plug.

I think the drain plug o-ring was the cause of the problem, try changing that one first.

mottleemob 03-05-2018 11:30 AM

The fuel lines and o rings are about 2yr old but I did change the fuel filter about 6 weeks ago has been all good until Monday morning half to Adelaide and has not started every morning since without presurusung the tank to fill the fuel filter after thjat good all day
cheers Phil
:mad:

Ben-n-Jo 03-05-2018 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mottleemob (Post 1633067)
The fuel lines and o rings are about 2yr old but I did change the fuel filter about 6 weeks ago has been all good until Monday morning half to Adelaide and has not started every morning since without presurusung the tank to fill the fuel filter after thjat good all day
cheers Phil
:mad:

I put an anti return valve in the fuel line on the tank side of the fuel filter. Helps to stop it draining back to tank. Also helps when changing filter.

Sent from my ZTE T84 using Tapatalk

mottleemob 03-05-2018 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben-n-Jo (Post 1633075)
I put an anti return valve in the fuel line on the tank side of the fuel filter. Helps to stop it draining back to tank. Also helps when changing filter.

Sent from my ZTE T84 using Tapatalk

That thought crossed my mind. I don't know if the filter has a one way valve fitted
cheers Phil
:mrgreen: